Masterchef

CambsNewbie
CambsNewbie Posts: 564
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Anyone else watching Masterchef? Ive never heard of half the ingredients, let alone any idea of how to cook them or put them together!

I'd have done a prawn cocktail starter (served in a small metal dish!), my spag bol and a bread and butter pudding with custard. Not sure I'd have won though!

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    My wife was watching it. Did my head in all that inane bloke talk from the two muppets. Spent my time tarting up an audax route sheet for the weekend, bah humbug! :D
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Sharina, whilst undoubtedly a talented chef, would be absolutely f*cked if there was suddenly a shortage of mango, coconut or lime.
  • Cannot do with all that 'Arty Farty' cook'in...too much finger'in about with the food for my lik'in...and 'stack'in it all on top of each items..whats that all about ??

Just give me plain old cook'in where I can see whats on my plate and not 'swill'in' in some fancy sauce's
  • That is one very tired series.

Way past its sell by date.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Anyone else watching Masterchef? Ive never heard of half the ingredients, let alone any idea of how to cook them or put them together!

I'd have done a prawn cocktail starter (served in a small metal dish!), my spag bol and a bread and butter pudding with custard. Not sure I'd have won though!

I'd be happy to eat in your restaraunt. :D

Mind you I'd need a good bike ride after.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • It'a all pretentious bollards. And this coming from somebody who works in a Michelin star environment... But try telling that to the French, who eat foie gras for breakfast. Us Brits just aren't as 'cultured' as our continental friends...
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Sharina can amuse my bouche any day of the week.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    The grub looks pretty, but I reckon I'd need to pop into MaccyD first, to get something to part fill me. The "main course" is always about my idea of the size a starter should be!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The grub looks pretty, but I reckon I'd need to pop into MaccyD first, to get something to part fill me. The "main course" is always about my idea of the size a starter should be!

Come on fella, ridiculing quality food is one thing but to condone the consuming of MuckDonalds in the same sentence :shock:

And I'm no food snob, god forbid.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    It'a all pretentious bollards. And this coming from somebody who works in a Michelin star environment... But try telling that to the French, who eat foie gras for breakfast. Us Brits just aren't as 'cultured' as our continental friends...

J'aime foie gras.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Aggieboy wrote:
    It'a all pretentious bollards. And this coming from somebody who works in a Michelin star environment... But try telling that to the French, who eat foie gras for breakfast. Us Brits just aren't as 'cultured' as our continental friends...

J'aime foie gras.

Isn't J'aime that annoying blokey bloke who calls everything "pukka" and who uses lots of "bad boys" in his cooking???
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Sharina, whilst undoubtedly a talented chef, would be absolutely f*cked if there was suddenly a shortage of mango, coconut or lime.

harsh...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    It's a shoe-cake. A cakey shoe.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • SpecialD wrote:

Classic. Made me laugh.
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426

+1

I've put more food on a Jacobs cream cracker than they put on a plate !
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • Last weeks (11.03.12) Sunday Telegraph Seven magazine has a section called 'Guestlist' featuring 'Classic Desserts, by Greg Wallace'.

Number three on the list -
    Bird's Butterscotch Angel Delight
    I'm absolutely serious. Everyone forgets about this simple, nostalgic dessert but for me it's evidence that there is a God. It's best served absolutely as it comes - no sprinkles, no nothing. I love it so much I'm putting it on the menu of my new restaurant, just as it is. I urge everyone: give it another go.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZxOiCnHqZYjvaKWNp4TgZnscRgyu6Udb0b2hF6J_x-n5NrCMMsw

Is this what you'd expect from a Masterchef judge?

I do love Angel Delight, but not the Butterscotch flavour, any of the others do it for me.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Butterscotch is my favourite flavour.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    NapoleonD wrote:

wow yeah and didnt you hate it if you came across a powdery bit. :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    One of the most enjoyable threads for some time, starts out talking about masterchef and what they call food and ends up discussing, with no irony, on Angel Delight, a product well known for containing NO food at all :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b wrote:
    One of the most enjoyable threads for some time, starts out talking about masterchef and what they call food and ends up discussing, with no irony, on Angel Delight, a product well known for containing NO food at all :D

...apart from all the milk you add to make it.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    NapoleonD wrote:

+1for butterscotch. Got to have sprinkles for me as well.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227

Went with my brother to a Michelin starred place Chapter One in Farnbourgh, Kent.

Was very nice but when we got outside he asked where the nearest kebab house was.

Uncultured sod.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Went with my brother to a Michelin starred place Chapter One in Farnbourgh, Kent.

Was very nice but when we got outside he asked where the nearest kebab house was.

Uncultured sod.

The Mrs and I went to a 2 star Michelin resteraunt at the beginning of March. The food was spectacular, probably the best meal I've ever eaten, but I do have to confess to eating a sausage roll in the car on the way there :lol: :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,171
    Watch it occasionally, but it is pretentious. Give me the food by the Hairy Bikers....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Here's the real professionals' final from 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjckqAU8IkM
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    team47b wrote:

Like I said, the product contains no food you have to add food to it to make it food as opposed to the Masterchef comments that they take food and turn it into something inedible, was kinda the point of the irony, but hey I'm still strugglin' with this language thing :D

Legal caveat...
    I apologise in advance if I offend your sensibilities, this was not my intention. No cyclists should be harmed in the making of this comment :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Like I said, the product contains no food you have to add food to it to make it food as opposed to the Masterchef comments that they take food and turn it into something inedible, was kinda the point of the irony, but hey I'm still strugglin' with this language thing :D

I suppose you have got a good point there.
    Legal caveat...
    I apologise in advance if I offend your sensibilities, this was not my intention. No cyclists should be harmed in the making of this comment :D
    Don't worry I'm not offended at all.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Yet another stupid cookery programme with obnoxious presenters, god I could punch that one with the hair. The bald one isn't so bad .... getting sick of all these cookery shows, god they're sickeningly boring .... death to the celebrity chef!