the annual lidl heads up

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
yes bargain hunters its that time of year again for cycling gubbins that knocks Rapha into a cocked hat :D
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Ta....Ready to by stuff i don't really need.....
    bagpuss
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    No workstands this time,glasses look nifty though :)
  • Might get a track pump to leave at work
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I got a fantastic lightweight rain jacket from there
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    No workstands this time,glasses look nifty though :)

I picked some up on the last offer, haven't used them yet though!

The Gilet and Summer Jersey do look worth a punt though... will probably check them out.
  • Kenjaja1
    Kenjaja1 Posts: 744
    I just got back from a trip around (mainly) Germany and had a quick look at the cycling stuff which was already on offer in Lidl's there. It looked like the usual excellent value for money this firm comes up with in the way of cycling (and other) stuff. I only bought a pair of mitts but they are very good. Many 'cheaper' lines in the UK cost 4 or 5 times as much, are padded with a skinny sheet of foam rubber and have seams which chafe; these Lidl beauties do not have seams which irritate or chafe & are gel padded. I have big hands but the largest sized mitts (9 1/2) were much too big for me. So if you've had problems finding cycling gloves for exceptionally large hands go and have a look at the Lidl offerings

The waterproofs looked to be fine for anyone not worried about breathability.
    The glasses, helmets and most of the other stuff looked to be at least serviceable and often very good. I have a multi-tool I bought from Lidl's quite a few years ago. It is not the lightest multi-tool in the world but it has proved to be as tough as I could wish for and after several years is still going strong.

I have not seen Lidl offer bikes for sale in the UK as they do on their German website and although I did not see them for sale in the store I went into they are clearly bikes to be ridden as opposed to the BSO's (Bike Shaped Objects) which have been sold by some supermarkets in the UK.

It is worth having a look at their German website http://www.lidl.de to see some of the deals available on the other side of the channel. Firstly their offers usually are usually a week or two ahead of the the similar UK promotions so you have more advanced warning. Secondly they are a more comprehensive organisation over there and include (for example) an on-line travel agency with some surprising bargains.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Kenjaja1 wrote:
    It is worth having a look at their German website http://www.lidl.de to see some of the deals available on the other side of the channel. Firstly their offers usually are usually a week or two ahead of the the similar UK promotions so you have more advanced warning. Secondly they are a more comprehensive organisation over there and include (for example) an on-line travel agency with some surprising bargains.

hmmm.. the fahrradwandhalterung looks good?

http://www.lidl.de/de/Fahrrad-und-Zubehoer/CRIVIT-Fahrradwandhalterung
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    thanks Cleat, shopping list sent to my mum, god only knows what I'll end up with!!
    FCN 12