Stick that in your saddlebag!

t.m.h.n.e.t
t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
We uh :D
The Admin team (here on referred to as 'we') have discussed the issue of "girls in" threads, and would like to thank the people who have taken the time to participate in what has been mainly a productive and engaging debate.

We recognise the need for off topic sections in our forums, however the content displayed in them has met objections from some parties. On the other hand, there's clearly a large number of people who don't find the content objectionable, or disagree with the objections put forward.

To that end we're creating a new off-topic area within the Road section (Bottom Bracket) that differentiates itself from the one that exists (Cake Stop). This was previously done successfully in the MTB section.

The Bottom Bracket may include more adult material but you'll have to be logged in to view it. Do not enter such areas if you are liable to be offended. This does not mean there will be no rules - if you see any posts that do not comply with the rules please report them and a member of the team will act on it.

Pictures of a sexual nature, nudity, erotica or suggestive imagery or animations are now banned from the Cake Stop, Commuting Chat and The Hub section. One such thread per the Crudcatcher and the Bottom Bracket shall be permitted, again with strict warnings regarding content. Existing threads will be locked.

Rules regarding these images are as follows:

- Images of nipples, uncovered breasts (the majority of the chest should be covered), genitalia, or the anal region are strictly prohibited.

- Images mimicking sexual acts, masturbation or any other form that could be considered overtly sexual are prohibited.

- If in doubt DO NOT post such images. We reserve the right to remove any content we find breaks these rules and issue warnings and bans to users.

Full forum rules will be displayed prominently in all areas of the forum, an guidelines for off topic forums in the correct areas respectively.

If the Commuting area calls for an area akin to the Crudcatcher or Bottom Bracket, it shall be discussed.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    That is a quote from a quote btw, wasn't just me that made the (or any) decisions!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    supersonic wrote:
    That is a quote from a quote btw, wasn't just me that made the (or any) decisions!
    FTFY :lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Can't we just take the threads over to 'Bottom bracket' instead of lumping them all together in one thread? It'll cause bloody havoc in the basement mixing the short skirts with the woolies.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I can't wait to see what Aggie's got in store for the new area and to properly lube the Bottom Bracket. :oops:
  • Aggieboy
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I can't wait to see what Aggie's got in store for the new area and to properly lube the Bottom Bracket. :oops:

Can't see how it'll work with one thread though. If they're all lumped together they'll be scratching each others eyes out. One thread's too easy, I like to put some thought into it. :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Gizmodo wrote:

Can't see how it'll work with one thread though. If they're all lumped together they'll be scratching each others eyes out. One thread's too easy, I like to put some thought into it. :wink:
    I read it as more than a thread. I read it as "Bottom Bracket" will be a new board, not a thread inside Cake Stop, but a board along side Cake Stop that can contain any number of OT threads. That's how I read it anyway.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    RIP BR-long live BB
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    nevman wrote:
    RIP BR-long live BB

and rip girls in eccles cakes. :(

how can someone whose idea of fun is to conjugate verbs dictate what a board should look like.

oh well on the plus side I've just found a site 'nude girls with no clung hair or nipples', way hay.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Gizmodo wrote:

I read it as more than a thread. I read it as "Bottom Bracket" will be a new board, not a thread inside Cake Stop, but a board along side Cake Stop that can contain any number of OT threads. That's how I read it anyway.

How do you read this -
    One such thread per the Crudcatcher and the Bottom Bracket shall be permitted, again with strict warnings regarding content. Existing threads will be locked. - that way. If you have one thread chucking it all together why not separate ones?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Everyone else acts maturely...

Then T.M.H.N.E.T happens

ah well...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The way I read it is that the Bottom Bracket will be a road equivalent of the Crud Catcher, and allowed one 'Girls In' thread in each of the two sections, correct me if I'm wrong!

Will be interested to see how quiet Cake Stop becomes after the switch, The Hub isn't very busy where as CC is, so maybe it'll switch to BB being busy and Cake Stop pretty quiet?
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • ddraver
    ^ Probably, May as well just call it Sake Ctop for all the good it will do, but hey ho...
    - @ddraver
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Will be interested to see how quiet Cake Stop becomes after the switch, The Hub isn't very busy where as CC is, so maybe it'll switch to BB being busy and Cake Stop pretty quiet?

This was my first thought, it won't change anything really as most will probably migrate to the new sub-forum and in a few months time we could be back to square one as some other plank with too much time on their hands from another forum stumbles across BB and decides to inflate their ego by kicking up a fuss.
  • Aggieboy

This was my first thought, it won't change anything really as most will probably migrate to the new sub-forum and in a few months time we could be back to square one as some other plank with too much time on their hands from another forum stumbles across BB and decides to inflate their ego by kicking up a fuss.

Well DDD and Pseudonym can't. No tits allowed.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Given the likely content - can it be named "Bottom Bracket and Spoke Nipples"??
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    ddraver wrote:
    Everyone else acts maturely...

Then T.M.H.N.E.T happens

ah well...
    It's comforting that you've taken to following me around quoting every other post. If I required a loyal companion,I'd buy a dog.

Merge girly threads or create new one? would save people reading page 148 and finding a nipple to complain about
  • ddraver
    Yawn
    - @ddraver