Return of the old 531...reborn...

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Well, I'm awaiting the call from the sprayers to say that the aged 531 has been done...then it's on with the rebuild. The old thing was horribly rusty, am holding my breath 'cos the BB shell was well f---ed with rust, thanks to the fluted seat post (what genius thought that up?) (and what cheapskate didn't replace it?)

Not sure how to post photos to do a 'before and after' so if someone can help, I'll post up a before (if I can remember where it is on flickr...)

The new improved will get a host of new bits, bars, stem, seatpin, etc. so should look quite nice...

Shame I'm about to be made redundant and won't bl00dy need a station bike...:(

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,360
    531's a bit posh for the station, no? You need to upload the photos to something like Picasa or Flickr, then grab the image address (right click on the image and select copy image address or something like that) and put it between {img} and {/img} (only with square brackets) like a link.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    531 too posh for the station? Yes, probably but it was all I had and was well ratty when I started using it. I didn't think of it as being all that special until I saw how much a new steel frame cost!!!! Ohmigosh!!!!

Wish I'd taken better care of it now...wish I'd ridden it...but then, if wishes were fivers I'd be a very rich man...sigh...

It's just a hill. Get over it.