Thursday OMG what next? Thread

VWsurfbum
VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning chudnutts,
Today i will be mainly loading and unloading a luton van with office stuff as i'm moving out of the bunker by monday.
I will have windows, heating and hot water in my new office, all the things i dont have now!

Also on a work front the managers who werent succsefull in retaining their positions are in a meeting today to find out where their being dumped. My meetings will start next week :roll:

Today is payday, but unfortunatly they've fecked it up and i will be short of play money :evil:

Onwards to coffee and moving!
Kazza the Tranny
Now for sale Fatty

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    What up, Molesters of small, furry animals

The weekend is nearly upon us, but first the slight matter of two working days to skive through before then.

Today will consist of meetings and testing, and hopefully lunch-out, but that's dependent on the progress with the testing. I am motivated however, by not being in work over lunch.

The irde in was really foggy again, which made life fun (and a tad chilly). Clearly, many other cyclists hadn't realsied they could';t see bl**dy thing and that ligths wouldn't be necessary. 'Fog' Ninjas - nearly as dumb as 'night' ninjas.

Coffee call, and possibley a snack involing bacons, because, well, why not?

Onwards! To caffiene and pork!

heh. heh heh. heh. 'pork'. heh. heh heh.

<reposted from the thread I tried to start at about the same time!>
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2012
    Morning bumders

It's come to my attention that This morning thread beat you by 4 minutes so really I should post in that... but seeing as this one has more writing in it I'll go along with it. I want you to know I'm not comfortable with this though.

First day back home today. Sorting bikes out shortly, brake pads need replacing, some mud might need cleaning off them a bit, IIRC they're caked.

Following this I'll be off to Cannock with the 456, take it round the dog, hit stile cop too. Sorted.

Laters
  • Morning all,

Super sleepy day today, neighbor just doesn't understand what a reasonable time to play loud music is, again. Been working since before 6, and now on the search for flats. Nothing lets pets in :(

Enjoy your day everyone. Naps comin soon for me!
  • Morning all,

Had an extra hour in bed :) work, gym, sleep

That is all
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Back at work. 289 emails. 'Team Building' Day. Meh. By tomorrow I'll probably have 400 emails to grind through. Meh.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    grumpy and judgemental today, despite having an extra hour and a half of sleep.
    Think I need my weetabix. Work, gym, if I have the energy I'll start planning my summer jaunt to Morzine... and then blissful sleep!
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    How many feckin Thursday threads does a forum need? :-)

Not a bad day today - I get The Whippet back from its service at the LBS and may even get The Bruiser back as well if Mojo have pulled their finger out.

Then it's off to my local 'Fatness First' health club to pick up a 7 day free trial pass and fend off the membership sharks who'll try to get my bank details off me before I've even tried the club :roll: (absolutely no intention of joining). Later on I'll drag my ski kit out of the loft and check its all there/in one piece.

Laters...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning you Early-Morning-Thread Failures!

Today, I'm feeling pretty good to be honest. Still got a bit of a cough, but I feel quite fit really. Can't wait for my week off next week to get out on the bike more :D
    Hot Librarian has had her leg taken out of it's cast, so she can walk again wooo however, she got broken into last night and they stole her Laptop and XBox booooo. She's a little shaken up today. I'm still in 2 minds about her though, as I think she might still be seeing Evil But Nice IT Guy.

Ah well, where's my minion with my tea?

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Yesterday the missus dropped her ipad in a sort of oopsie, you'll have to buy me a new one sort of way. Screen was all red a fuzzy. I gave it a slap (the ipad not her) and fixed it. Haha, no new ipad for you.

Today I snapped another spoke (this time it was a crappy alloy nipple that failed) and my back wheel ate my mudguard. Haha, new bike bits for me. Bout time I got that wheel sorted out properly.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Today I have found the joys of last.fm.

Working from home will never be the same again.

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning you Early-Morning-Thread Failures!

Hot Librarian got broken into last night

Nice work fella, oh her house, that sucks

Morning scuttlers

Turns out I have to go back to Wolves on Saturday to pay a corgi fitter and do some general repairs, which I really did not want to have to do this weekend coming, but hey hum, what can you do?

Today sees me working, skiving off to the gym, then working some more until bout half 9, with a similar set of circumstances tommorrow.

Time to get the old boneshaker out and head on in

Laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Afternoon reprobates

Today is my second day off in a row and I plan to spend it exactly the same way I spent yesterday. Sat on my arse drinking tea whilst pondering which bike I should get on the works CTW scheme and do I really need the fancy Ice Tek rotors on the new Shimano brakes

Now, where did I put that bacon, I'm starting to get a little peckish
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Afternoon crudmunchers. Spent the morning practising how to jump in the Les Gets snowpark, and this afternoon I'm off for a few chilled runs on the pistes. Oh, and it's 20+ degrees C, and scorching sun.
    Doesn't life suck sometimes?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon crudmunchers. Spent the morning practising how to jump in the Les Gets snowpark, and this afternoon I'm off for a few chilled runs on the pistes. Oh, and it's 20+ degrees C, and scorching sun.

it must be lie's..... and if it isn't i'm sending Gaz to eat you!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292

Sadly it's not, I'm reliably informed of the weather conditions due to one of the guys from last week's Morzine trip still being out there. the git.
  • Stevo_666
    Yeah yeah - this time next week I'll be up the Grands Montets in Argentiere, so there :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    So a victory for common sense

The girls in threads live on, the roadies have the bottom bracket, and area akin, but not the same as the CC

And thanks to project that dude changed his signature, people in glass house blah blah!
  • That is really the only sensible conclusion to this whole farce. I am absolutely delighted that common sense won out in the end.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    GoPro fail today. First time out with the chest mount, thought I'd sort the angle before I left. I did. Then I decided to take the other bike forgetting how different my riding position is. Got a lot of looking down at the bike and not much of the trail. Makes it look fast though and some bits are quite cool when jumping, shows the bike being moved around. Meh suppose I'd better go and try again tomorrow :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    That is really the only sensible conclusion to this whole farce. I am absolutely delighted that common sense won out in the end.
    The bloke who started it all on the commuter forum is claiming it ended in a draw :lol: Here's a quick message for him and the band of prudes/hypocrites/bitter dungaree wearers who were trying to stop the fun:

loser2.jpg
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    That is really the only sensible conclusion to this whole farce. I am absolutely delighted that common sense won out in the end.
    The bloke who started it all on the commuter forum is claiming it ended in a draw :lol: Here's a quick message for him and the band of prudes/hypocrites/bitter dungaree wearers who were trying to stop the fun:

loser2.jpg

I'm not so sure, and heres why: In Sonics post it states one topic per CC and BB, and all others to be locked, which is kinda what they wanted... so do we now have to copy all previous material into 1 'wimenz' thread or are we starting again? Some people (Stevo, Aggieboy et al) put a lot of work into those threads, is there loss to historic obscurity really a win?
  • VWsurfbum
    Pffft Stick a fork in me i'm done!

Mostly all moved out, just a couple of car trips to do and sort out desks when i'm there and that will be that!
    Who knows if computers will work once there but hey ho its not as if i want to work is it :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    I'm not so sure, and heres why: In Sonics post it states one topic per CC and BB, and all others to be locked, which is kinda what they wanted... so do we now have to copy all previous material into 1 'wimenz' thread or are we starting again? Some people (Stevo, Aggieboy et al) put a lot of work into those threads, is there loss to historic obscurity really a win?
    They wanted all these threads stopped and we can carry on, so that's a big fat fail for the killjoys. Not sure if we can move the past stuff into one big 'Any hair coloured lovelies' thread but either way we can carry on. And I'm happy to put in a bit of work to rebuild things if not :-D
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    I want to muthafooookin kill somebody.
    A management team who don't understand P&L accounts and aren't comfortable talking to external clients? Wtf I think we employ people who are muppets.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • VWsurfbum
    Wtf I think we employ people who are muppets.
    are you counting yourself in that? :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    foxc_uk wrote:

Sadly it's not, I'm reliably informed of the weather conditions due to one of the guys from last week's Morzine trip still being out there. the git.

Why have I got to do the eating? Do I look like pac man
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp