sloppycowpat Posts: 349
edited March 2012 in MTB general
jeez seems a bit over the top poor bloke

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/e ... intcmp=239

:shock:

scumbags

great attitude though
worst moment ever...
buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    A good reason to only ride a ratbike in towns.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    The problem with our society is that the punishment for crime does not match the crime. I don't read the Daily Mail and I am quite tolerant, but bloody hell, make an example of a few (and this for any kind of crime, ie rape, burglary, assault, robberies with violence etc.) and I am sure that the number will fall. For example take that specific crime, if the culprit(s) is/are caught, with an 100% proof that they are guilty of course, send the b@stards to a straight 10 years in jail, publicize the trial, repeat as many times as needed and I am sure that crime rate would fall. I really don't know where we are going but I feel quite nervous about the world my children will grow up.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • jehosophat
    jehosophat Posts: 108
    Ridiculously OTT indeed. No point in kicking and punching someone then smashing them in the face with a D-lock when they are not even fighting back and just want you to take the bike and leave! Not that the scum would care or are likely to be caught, easy to be up for murder or at least GBH rather than "just" a bike theft that way.

For me, a good reason not to live in, or bring my children up in, a large city!
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I doubt cockroaches like this are stealing one bike between 9 for the cash, but for the thrill of mugging someone and the pleasure they get from an inflated position of power. Truly disgusting. But, this is one more reason against SPDs :shock:
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    stubs wrote:
    A good reason to only ride a ratbike in towns.

It was a hybrid so as others said I don't the bike was the target.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bluechair84
    Jeannot18 - I feel just as strongly about this, it's hard to be British and proud when this sort of thing simply isn't the 'minority spoiling it for the majority'. Especially with a full prison system, a benefit system full of lying scum and crime everywhere. But massive sentences don't stop crime, you only have to look tot he death penalties in other countries to see that it doesn't stop people commiting crime of the highest order. It's education, prosperity, security, health and an enriched life that reduces crime. It's easy to say these people deserve none of the above, but as a means to an end its something we need to achieve.
    The way I see it, it's either this or eugenics.
  • mar_k
    mar_k Posts: 323
    very sad this is,
  • jeannot18
    Jeannot18 - I feel just as strongly about this, it's hard to be British and proud when this sort of thing simply isn't the 'minority spoiling it for the majority'. Especially with a full prison system, a benefit system full of lying scum and crime everywhere. But massive sentences don't stop crime, you only have to look tot he death penalties in other countries to see that it doesn't stop people commiting crime of the highest order. It's education, prosperity, security, health and an enriched life that reduces crime. It's easy to say these people deserve none of the above, but as a means to an end its something we need to achieve.
    The way I see it, it's either this or eugenics.
    I share your thinking, but somehow it does not look like anything is working, so the way I see it is that is some of those b@stards are out of circulation, the streets will be a bit safer. I hear you when you say that death penalty does not work or heavy sentencing, but when you look at country like Singapore, it looks like they are achieving some kind of ok balance. I know that there is not an easy solution, but surely crime should be reprimanded and punished, if there is not any deterrent then we are kind of saying " it's ok, you are poor, uneducated so you have got the right to go and steal, rape or kill". I come from single mother family, we were pretty poor but one thing that my mum and the rest of my family taught me is that hard work does take you places. I have started from the very bottom and worked my way up. I know that it is not going to work for everyone, but you have to follow some rules.
    I don't want to start a big debate because everyone will have a different opinion, but I am just sick and tired of seeing some scums getting away with literally murder.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • bluechair84
    jeannot18 wrote:
    so the way I see it is that is some of those b@stards are out of circulation, the streets will be a bit safer.
    But there will always be someone who takes their place. We've already filled our prisons, and part of the problem (a major part) is that rehabilitation rates are shockingly low - too many reoffenders. There's no easy solution to it. How do you change a vast proportion of a society that don't care for 'civilised' standards? Swap out ASBO ankle bracelets for testicular constriction bracelets that only slacken off in the confines of their home of course. It'll stop the showboating anyway... 'Hey mate! Wanna be impressed by this device turning my plums into fruit juice?'
  • Jomox
    Jomox Posts: 250
    It's been happening for years this sort of thing in certain area's (Over 10 years ago I've seen people taking guys of bikes while riding at speed)

It's sad but it's only getting worse as it's easy for them to target people on bikes, people naturally will give up their bike if having a knife / gun at them or taken out at speed. And as allot of the time these guys are in areas where people don't mess with them they will mostly get away with it sadly. It's not good but that's how allot of humans are in our world.

Safe riding and try to avoid any of those nasty areas, and don't be complement as it can still happen anywhere, and make sure your bike is insured as well.
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 wrote:
    Swap out ASBO ankle bracelets for testicular constriction bracelets that only slacken off in the confines of their home of course. It'll stop the showboating anyway... 'Hey mate! Wanna be impressed by this device turning my plums into fruit juice?'

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • NJG01
    NJG01 Posts: 13
    ... Unbelievable. That article adds to a pile to show just how 'bad' the British population has become. So dis-organized and un-ruly. Sad to think that as a people we have gone from being the greatest empire the modern world has seen down to a country where people get mugged from bikes and we have riots in the major cities twice in one year, in a time frame of only 100 years. Really not a time when you can be proud to be British.

I'm not saying that the UK was all shining and what not at the height of the empire, but I doubt there was all the trouble in the country than there currently is. We would never have made an empire if that had been the case.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    how pathetic. i think of leaving this country more and more every day, i have less and less reason to stay here.
  • yup leavings what I want to do... seems to get worse and never better
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!