Commencal Meta 5 info??

Faceplanter
Faceplanter Posts: 34
edited March 2012 in MTB general
Hi
I've just landed myself a Meta 5 frame VIP and I'm needing a swingarm and linkage components and could do with advice on compatability. I'm not exactly sure on the size, year and model of the frame and would like to know if any Meta 5 swingarm/linkage will fit? Can anyone advise on determining the frame size, I thinks it's a small and how would I tell year and model? What is the VIP? It states 9930 on the front badge.
If anyone has any components that fit and they want to sell, please let me know.
That's a whole lotta questions!!!
Hope someone can help

ps. I can provide pix if needed.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Pics are a good start.

As would the Commencal owners club forum.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cheers.
    I've just posted on the Commencal owners site. I'll try to get a picture on.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    2009 I believe, the same as:

http://mrstinky1.pinkbike.com/album/2009-meta-55-vip/

2010 onwards didn't have the gussets as they came from a new factory, 2008 had a standard headset, not an internal one.

Have a check for any cracks, mainly around the welds on the top tube/seat tube, around the bottom bracket area or on the shock mounts. A few of them had issues that year, it looks fairly well ridden, if it's ok now I'd bet it'll stay fine. Top fun bikes though, have fun when you get it going :)

Finding a swingarm might not be too bad, as I say, there were a few cracked ones from 2009, but the cracks were generally on the main frame. I'd post on the Commencal Owners Club forum, bet there's some about. Don't spend too much though, you can pick up a new and improved 2010 one for £450 from CRC (without shock).

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=76894

You can probably find a shock for about £50-£100 depending on the model, I actually have a couple of spares, a high volume RP2 and a standard Float with Pro Pedal from all my faffing with my Meta. I could probably part with either for £50 or so.
  • I got a swing arm from a Meta 5.3 (Medium size colour black) just from sight your frame looks to be the same as mine (My frame broke on the cross bar up near the head set last week (And Commencal tells me warranty now void) :(
    I'm in Japan though so freighting might be an expensive issue....
  • PS to my last post - also have a fox float R shock that I just changed all interior seals on, am going to be hard tailing for a while so won't need it !