Bike rack

vlado
vlado Posts: 41
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,
would like to buy Thule Euroclassic or Euroway and when searching on internet I found on one website "This is UK version". Is there any difference between racks made for UK market and rest of Europe - I mean because of driving on different side of the road? I take my bike few times a year to France and Switzerland so would like to buy one which is road legal everywhere in EU.
Thanks for any info.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    link?

maybe the plug is a 7 pin or a 13 pin?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    When I bought mine in Oz I quickly found out that Europe likes a round plug and Australia likes a rectangular plug - nothing a $10 converter couldn't solve, but that's about it. I would expect it's more to do with the connectors than any type of road-legal bearing - they both have brake lights, indicators and space for your number plate.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • vlado
    http://www.carracks.co.uk/929003.html

scroll down and in product description: Right-hand traffic / UK-Version
  • nicklouse
    Think it is BS but they may have included a coverter for the 13 pin adaptor that is fitted.

I would not be concerned with the note.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • vlado
    What is BS?
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    bullshit
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Whats the difference between the various plug types. I am thinking of getting a tow bar fitted and they seem to come with 3 different types of electrics. Googling tells me about caravan towing and suchlike but I wont be towing its just for mounting a rack.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • nicklouse
    it depends on the rack. you can get adaptors.