Wants.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
TTA-Saab_2_Cam1_1_SU.jpg
TTA-Saab_2_Cam3b_1_SU.jpg
http://www.saabsunited.com/2012/03/saab ... more-38557
Despite the competition, Saab will live on with four newly developed Saab 9-3 in the TTA which is the elite series of racing in 2012. Flash Engineering and the satellite team Team Tidö are launching a tribute to Saab’s journey in the shape of Tribute2Saab.

Jan “Flash” Nilsson, Mattias Andersson, Linus Ohlsson and another not yet disclosed driver will represent Saab on the tracks and take up the fight with Volvo, BMW and Citroën in the elite series of racing.
- I have been longing for this for 40 years, to see the fight between Saab and Volvo on the race track. This summer it will happen at last and my biggest dream is that all the Saab-fans in Sweden goes to see the TTA-competitions and cheer for us say Jan.

- I got a real wow-feeling when I saw the Saab in its TTA-shape for the first time. It will be a lot of fun to compete with a swedish brand and foremost re-engage the classic struggle between Saab and Volvo which has been there ever since I was very young. I’m definitely looking forward to the coming season, say Mattias Andersson.

- It will become very cool to compete with a Saab, a brand that has always been special for me. It is a powerful feeling to be able to step up to the elite series in racing with Team Tidö together with Flash Engineering this year. I will do my very best to deliver a great result, say Linus Ohlsson.

- ONe does not have to be very patriotic to feel for Saab and its employees. During my few years within motor-sports I have had the privilege to meet a lot of Saab’s race-car drivers, such as Stig Blomqvist etc. For me they are considered Stars, and they have told me a lot about Saab’s meaning for the motor-sport. Thats why it feels especially fun to compete in a Saab in the TTA. Saab has lead a lot of the development for the cars of the world and now Team Tidö together with its partners be part of leading the development within swedish motor-sport say David von Schinkel, CEO of Team Tidö.

- I am very proud to have been a part of SAAB. I think this initiative by Flash Engineering to honor Saab with a race-car is fantastic and one understands the amount of emotions there is around Saab within the whole of the swedish people, say Jan-Åke Jonsson, CEO of Saab Automobile AB 2005-2011.

Parts of Saab that still lives on will be involved with Flash Engineering and Tea Tidö’s efforts, among these Saab Parts which will support the teams during the season.
- I think this is an amazing effort and it is very enjoyable that Flash Engineering and Team Tidö are honoring Saab with this tribute. It gives us a good opportunity to show that we are alive and we take care of the Saab-cars at the 160 authorized shops around the country say Thomas Sundström, director of Swedish Aftermarket at Saab Parts AB.

Saabs dealerships also support the team.
- We have done an amazing journey with Saab through the years and it will be a lot of fun to see Flash Engineering and Team Tidö’s success on the racetrack in a Saab this year. We are thrilled that Saab will be represented in the TTA this year and we will observe them closely say Peter Hallberg, CEO of Saab’s dealership association.

Flash Engineering and Team Tidö will test the car for the first time on a secret location sometime next week.

Read more about this story as well as Saab’s racing story (in swedish) at Flash Engineering.se
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments