Ribble Bikes

Kingy911
Kingy911 Posts: 134
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
1st contribution and some advice please. I am buying a Ribble Ultralite with Veloce groupset and Rodi airline clincher wheels. I cannot for the life of me find any reviews for these wheels, so the question I am asking all you Ribble owners is what are they like ? good/bad/indifferent, or should I be changing for the Campag Khamsin. Thank you in anticipation

Comments

• No idea about the Rodi wheels, but I've got a similarly specced Ribble with the Khamsins and they seem nice. And they say Campagnolo on the side which, for some odd reason, I thought was important :)

I'm not very helpful, am I
  • Kingy911
    Not the response I was hoping for/expecting :-)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    From the Ribble website: -

Rodi Airline 4 Clinchers Wheels Pair. Weight: Front 899g, Rear 1205g.

Campagnolo Khamsin Black/White Clincher Wheels Pair. Weight: 828g (front), 1045g

So, well over 200 grams for £36. Not a bad deal I think. And the Khamsins are bombproof (I've covered a lot of miles on mine). Bit annoying that the Rodis are only about 3 or 4 quid cheaper than the Khamsins when bought separately though! Khamsins aren't the lightest but I don't notice any difference between them and the more expensive Campag Vento Reactions. I think they are worth spending the extra for.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Kingy911
    thank you