Tektro Auriga Comp brakes

tommy-leg
tommy-leg Posts: 48
edited March 2012 in MTB general
I'm purchasing a bike with these fitted, but i'm slightly concerned as i'm finding a lot of negative comments on here about them! Are they really that bad? I'm thinking of changing them for juicy 3's

Comments

• EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Juicy 3's not the best either. Look at Shimano - Rose Bikes have some good deals.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they work fine. dont worry about them. and if you really want to change them then Juicy 3 are about the same.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tommy-leg
    tommy-leg Posts: 48
    the same as in stopping power?
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    They work fine for me at 70kg
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'd rather have Comps than Juicy 3s, they're surprisingly good brakes. Not massive power, but adequate, and good feel- very like an older Shimano. They use Shimano pads as well so nice and easy to find replacements.

They're a bit of a fiddle to bleed, though. But they shouldn't need bled for ages anyway so that's OK.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I had them fitted as standard kit on a Mongoose Super Tyax, had no problems, stopping power was spot on. 8)
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    for budget brakes they work fine. lever shape isnt fab and power could be improved a tad but its all relative for what you pay.

i have no exprience with any juicy brakes, but my elixir 5's impress me lots.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    lol break late its more fun lol .......lovin the peado bear sanchez89
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • garethwd
    garethwd Posts: 52
    I have them on my GT i haven't had any issues in fact i would go as far as to say im very impressed with them for the cost.
    On One Codeine

On One Parkwood

My babies :)