Pedals

riddle
riddle Posts: 41
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Help!

I am looking for some combination pedals after a rather scary and wholly exciting descent of the Beast whilst wearing cleats. I have seen the commuter pedals, however they do not look suitable (or sexy enough)!

Can anyone recommend a set please?
Blue Skies Always
Roger H-Smith
07807 031797

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    none.
    either go cliped or go flat.

combo pedals are very poor.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • JDRfive
    JDRfive Posts: 72
    Buy a pedal like the Crank Brothers Mallet. Its got cleats and a platform around it so if you do unclip you're not screwed. But combination pedals are a bad idea.
    Life's too short to be boring.

09 Kona Dawgma
    08 Orange 224
  • welsh_14
    welsh_14 Posts: 259
    Or try the equivilant shimano trail pedals. Used to get a set free with a subscription to WMB a couple of months back. Dont know if this offer is still on. But kills 2 birds with one stone, you get your bike fix delievered to your door every month and a decent set of cleat pedals with a platform surrond!
    I fitted them to my gf's bike as she didnt want to be clipped in all the time as she is new to mtbing and she has found them excellent.
    Also I believe they are cheaper than Crank Brothers Mallet pedals.
    Other option is man up and enjoy the scarieness/excitement of a clipped in decent!!
  • Shimano M647's are my DH pedal of choice... Awesome pedals... If you get the multi release cleats, (M56's) you can bail easier than the standard M51's....

I believe 'Man up' is the best advice I can see on here other than dual pedals (flat one side and clipped the other) are crap and should be used for commuting only ;0)