Which cube ltd cc size

robflynn
robflynn Posts: 38
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Im going to buy a cube ltd cc but i dont know if the correct size is 18 or 20. In some shops they tell me 18 and in others 20. I am 180 cm tall and my inside leg is 84 cm. Can you help me with the size? Thanks

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Go to a shop and try them for size, it's the only way to be sure of getting the right size.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Get a test ride.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    For your height I would say an 18, but you inside leg probably says 20. Therefore, I think it best you get on one or two and see what suits.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Have a LTD myself.
    6ft 1inch tall, 31 inch leg (79 cm) - meaning I have stumpy legs and a long body
    (The opposite to you by the sounds of it - are you sure that you are measuring the inside leg and not the outside leg :wink: )
    I have a 20" frame.

Both would have fitted - but the 20" is more comfortable for longer rides.
    (The 18" felt more like a trail bike, but if I wanted one of them I wouldn't have bought a LTD.)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    My LTD - an 18 would probably be too small for you as I run the seatpost pretty high, and I am an inch shorter, and short in the leg :(

What I would recommend based on that is a 20" probably suits, but I would consider getting a 70 or 80mm stem to switch from the 100mm standard. That would probably suit your upper body better.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • robflynn
    robflynn Posts: 38
    I tried both sizes and i feel confortable with both of them. I think im choosing 20 because it may be better for longs rides
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    I am 5ft 9 and have the Ltd in 18'' frame size. Perfect for me.
    I sat on both sizes before making the purchase last year.
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • robflynn wrote:
    I tried both sizes and i feel confortable with both of them. I think im choosing 20 because it may be better for longs rides

That was what I based my decison on too.
    I tend to do more long rides (day-long, 60 milers) and xc stuff now rather than rough trails. The geometry on the 20" feels right.
    Takes a little getting used to after using my trail-orientated tanks for the last 4 years. The front end is very light and the bike is so much more responsive when I put my foot down.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)