Pads for XT M785 Brakes

Cookied
Cookied Posts: 16
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey up,

I've been looking on the usual sites for pads for M785 XT brakes but haven't seen any specifically for that model. The closest I've seen are the XTR version which looks closest with the ice tech fins.

Does anyone know if the XTR pads are the ones to use for these brakes or any decent alternatives?

Cheers

Comments

• omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Superstar Comp list pads by model and even have a picture file , if you look on there you will find what you are looking for.
  • 101_North
    101_North Posts: 607
    The pads are the same as the XTR pads. Pad type 'S5' on Superstar. You'll not get the finned pads though as the design is protected by Shimano.

• Cookied
    Cookied Posts: 16
    Good info cheers. I've used superstar pads before so going to give them ago to see if the fins on the Shimanos make a difference.
  • 101_North
    For my type of riding they made no difference. Good pads but no noticeable performance improvement for me. They did, however, rattle in the caliper so I'll be sticking with the standard pads as they are much quieter.

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    101_North wrote:
    For my type of riding they made no difference. Good pads but no noticeable performance improvement for me. They did, however, rattle in the caliper so I'll be sticking with the standard pads as they are much quieter.

Was that the Shimano finned pads rattling ?
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • 101_North
    stubs wrote:
    101_North wrote:

Was that the Shimano finned pads rattling ?

Yeah. My post wasn't clear. They were decent pads but seemed top heavy in the caliper and rattled. Not loud but enough to irritate if you're like me :wink:

Seen a few reports online about them rattling but plenty of others don't seem to have an issue.