Lion Heart: To ride or not to ride... (Advice!)

islwyn
islwyn Posts: 650
So... I'm kinda looking for some advice, almost like a 'mum figure' I guess?

I had a crash in a race on 3rd March, I was granted the lovely road rash and a deep flesh tear to my knee - I haven't ridden since due to leg being in a dressing, it gets taken off tomorrow at the hospital.

The road rash isn't an issue, it's healed like a beaut, however the knee is still so-so... It pains every now and then.

I'm signed up for the 100 mile Lion Heart sportive this Sunday and have been looking forward to it for ages, even more so as my Brother is doing it and we never get to ride together due to him living at the other end of the country.

The Doctor said I should remain off the bike for 3 weeks but I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms... I'm thinking when it's taken off tomorrow I'll do some ultra light spinning work on the turbo and see how it feels?

OR am I being a 'tard and should just hold off?

It's so annoying not being able to cycle... Honestly... Hate it.

Thank you!

Comments

• essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    If it was me, I'd do some spinning and see how the knee holds up :|
    If it feels ok after then I'd go for it :)
    But that's me and my reasoning :wink:

Due to a different medical issue, I've been off the bike since last Friday and have a cheeky 65 mile sportive (7500ft climbing) this Sunday, but I'm not going to miss it even if I'm not 100% :|
  • islwyn
    Same feeling as me... But the fact I have to walk up steps and the stairs like I have something shoved between my butt cheeks puts me off a bit.
  • TheBullet
    TheBullet Posts: 58
    Do a test ride and see how that goes. If it's not good I wouldn't advise riding 100miles that includes a 25% climb to Alfred's Tower. On the ohther hand if it feels ok then you may as well ride as you've already paid and you could always opt for the 60 mile route.
    Winners never quit and quitters never win!!
  • islwyn
    Cheers Bullet!