2013!

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited March 2012 in MTB general
Is nearly here: well, we'll be seeing the new parts hitting the market soon. Seen owt yet?

Rockshox 2013 graphics:

20120306-180524.jpg

And here's a scoop for you: XTR is going 11 speed for 2015 ;-)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    supersonic wrote:
    Along with a few million 'compatibility' threads.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    look pants!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There will be no 2013 though!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    deadkenny wrote:
    maybe that's why they cheapo'd out in the graphics department.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    deadkenny wrote:
    I do remember reading that the world will end this year. I'm running up my overdraft and credit cards specially.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    supersonic wrote:
    here's a scoop for you: XTR is going 11 speed for 2015 ;-)
    Meh.

Where's my Jetpack, I mean c'mon 2015 and no Shimano Jetpack...
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Do bike industry types not have normal calendars like the rest of us?

I`ve only just got used to writing 2012.......... :wink:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    new product I'm most excited about is the new 26" fox 34, should only weigh a small dump more than a 32 and be a whole lot more suited to more peoples needs. shimano are releasing a new saint group, and doing a cheapo saint group called Zee. fox and rockshox going 650b. sram shadow plus... etc etc etc

on a more unlikely note, I hope Evil bikes get their act back together and finish the carbon undead, sooner they finish that they can start on the trail bike they promised me 3 years ago!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It seems Shimano are trying to add more focused ranges - at the minute most is XC based, but we have 'race' and 'trail' parts filtering through, and of course Saint.

It does throw up some conundrums though - could they make a 'race' Deore group? If it is lighter and cheaper than standard SLX, most would buy it I reckon.

It is pretty hard to make a large range for all uses and price points, as you get a lot of overlap. But it seems Shimano are having a go.
  • supersonic wrote:
    Is nearly here: well, we'll be seeing the new parts hitting the market soon. Seen owt yet?

Rockshox 2013 graphics:

29er's, 69er's, and 650b's, will be replaced with the new niche in 2015.

4129112555_13222fddc9.jpg

Tandem Freeride!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I do not have the vocabulary required to capture the awfulness of those graphics.

For me the interesting thing for 2013 looks like it'll be the shadowplus tech getting rolled down to SLX and XT. That's a Good Thing.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    Northwind wrote:
    I do not have the vocabulary required to capture the awfulness of those graphics.

For me the interesting thing for 2013 looks like it'll be the shadowplus tech getting rolled down to SLX and XT. That's a Good Thing.

All the above! shadow plus is a massive step forward, so simple yet so effective. manufacturers are actually being even smarter than usual, shadow plus being one example, and they're listening to what riders want in certain cases, rather than shoving it down our throats, with the exception of 29er's. But for people on 26er bikes, there is some real useful coming out, lighter, wider rims, light tyres with proper compounds and sidewalls, tougher and stiffer forks for AM/trail use, even the dampers are taking cues from DH shocks to provide what people want, which in my book can only be a good thing. I recently realised just how close we are to having a bike that really does do everything, in my opinion its closer than ever with components that and frames that are designed to do the best of everything with little compromise.
  • Northwind wrote:

Garish?
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Garish?

On the wrong side of the fork leg?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    Garish?

Maybe they have 'Fat Tyre' anti-chafe properties? :)
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Garish?

I was gonna say. They must've known they were terrible because they put them on the inside :?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Northwind wrote:
    I like 'em :)

Personally in 2013 I'm looking forward to some Reverb-stylee width-adjustable handlbars for Cannock's fricken trees
  • lawman
    .blitz wrote:
    Northwind wrote:
    I like 'em :)

Personally in 2013 I'm looking forward to some Reverb-stylee width-adjustable handlbars for Cannock's fricken trees

I am looking forward to testing my 750mm bars round cannock, 710 were fine, so fingers crossed I should be ok!! :lol:
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    lawman wrote:
    I am looking forward to testing my 750mm bars round cannock
    good luck!
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    Those decals are shonky at best!

I've been holding off going 10s till SLX/XT shadow plus mechs are out, anyone know roughly when they'll be available?