Potential Insurance Replacement?

DirtMonkee
DirtMonkee Posts: 373
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Afternoon.

Had my hybrid stolen by a couple of urban trolls and am waiting on insurance to come through, decided to replace with a hardtail mtd as opposed to another hybrid.

This is probably one of the more common questions on this forum but which hardtails would you reccomend for £600 to £800 new?

Thanks
Elmo is my dad

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Before going into too many options, you need to be clear how your insurer will sort this, is it cash or 'vouchers' which will usually tie you to a certain retailer? Vouchers can be good as you usually get 'more' money, although down side is tied to a particular retailer and will often not have access to sales.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DirtMonkee
    Pretty much all of the known brands are available....
    Elmo is my dad
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    So, a supplied replacement through Wheelies Direct?
  • DirtMonkee
    Correct. Didnt want to name drop incase they removed the post.
    Elmo is my dad
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    The more information you can give us, the more helpful our advice will be
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So all known brands execpt those that offer best value for money (Boardman, Carrera, Voodoo, Rockriders)?

When the vlue you have is known, then some advice can be given, but the rule of thumb is spend as much as you can!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DirtMonkee
    Value £800. Some initial thoughts as follows, Any opinions/thoughts or anyone got one of these already and wishes to tell me how good they are? Looking for an all-rounder, not too heavy on the XC but more on the trail side of things. Cheers.

Specialized
    Rockhopper Expert 2012
    £800.00

Lapierre
    Raid 500 2012
    £779.99

Orange
    G2 2012
    £729.99

Genesis
    Core 20 2011
    £749.99