The Vietnemese Morning™ thread

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited March 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning protein samples,

Hoorah, my trainers have arrived in England.

It's way too early but feeling much better than yesterday.

MUST buy nan's mother's day present today or at least find it.

watch footie.

nowt else planned.

421954_10151381169110088_544280087_23365117_92280040_n.jpg
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Nuggetts,
    I'm off down to Tewksbury again today for a meeting then drive all the way back again. not even a chance to sample the nice looking hills around the office :roll:
    Caught up on TopGear last night, bleeding good i though, still think Kimi is a nob, but loved the rally cross, used to watch that as a kid at brands hatch. I think Slash playing out the series was one of the best moments on it ever!

No riding tonigh as rear mech hanger broke again on sunday, and not sure what time the M25 will release me tonight?

Anywho onwards to coffees, shirts and ties and pointless meetings!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    morning

VWsurfbum - I watched topgear and tried to convince the wife about starting motorsport. The problem being her dad used to rally and her mum is very good at remembering and reminding about the costs (my fav fitting a v8 into a TR7).

Today is meetings and such like.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I used to race, and everytime i see a feature about grass roots racing i always think, yeah i could do that again. in reality, i have no room for car/workshop, no expendable cash, no time to work on them, oh i could go on but its too depressing.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' liver-fanciers

Today looks like being just another day in Clanksville - so I guess it could be worse.

Contemplating how to get a new windscreen into the brother-in-laws racer so we don't get peppered on the Cross-Country Championship this year. The bodywork is somewhat b****red, and it's going to be another 6 months or so before we get his new frame built into a full car. So yeah, costs of motorsport - tell me about it. Don't put anything onto the track you're not preppared to write-off! :lol:

And we compete alongside guys who've spent 100k on a racer, or 40k on an engine, 12k on a gearbox. That's a lot of risk!

Our Disco cost 800 quid! 8)

.....we'll never win, but we will have a f*****g chuckle trying!

Still, caffeine o'clock.

Onwards! To coffee, and dissapointingly - spreadsheets!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning lime lovers
    Tuesdays suck. However I've had 3 weetabix so I'm ready to take it on.
    Gym later, might say hello to BicyclePirate. Then sleep, glorious sleep.
    One of the twitter stalkers has now been upgraded to a sex pest. It's nice to feel wanted.
    Attention whore? Who me?!

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Mornin' All,

Saw that top Gear rally cross, looked excellent. The car forum I used to knock about in organised a cheapo alternative to track days where you could enter any car as long as it cost less than £500. Then they ragged them round a dirt track for a few hours and knocked the crap out of each other despite it officially being a non-contact sport :-). The one that completed the most laps (or last one left moving) was the winner - top fun!

In a bit I'm taking 'The Whippet' to my LBS for a service and shakedown (first time in 3 years). The Bruiser is still waiting to get its shock back from Mojo so I'm down to the roadie bike for a few days :-( Anyhow, got a few jobs to do then its off up into town for beer and curry, so soemthing to look forward to.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning team

still in blimmin norway, officially spicy free! Resupply is on its way but weather may be too bad for them to land! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

onwards to fish!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Well it's the last day of my long weekend. I've begun the day with an episode of the west wing and now I'm going out for a gentle pootle on my bike. I will resume my stalking of foxc later on, though it's good to know my efforts have been rewarded with a promotion to pest status. I think I might need to wear a disguise otherwise she'll be able to spot me. In other news I have to go back to work tomorrow and I'm not sure I want to....
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning men (and foxc)

Got to work in a bad mood as I had to deal with the bullsh1t that I left yesterday as I left work.
    I think the cold from hell has almost passed now, it seems to be nothing more than a tickly cough and a slight bungged up nose, so I'm feeling a bit better about my next week off work :)

Meeting a friend in the pub after work today, and then probably going to stumble back to Hot Librarians for a few hours ;) before going home to bed. Should be fun.

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Day off today as I worked out I can get my weeks driving hours in in 4 days, so i'm off to glinc...gliy..geliyn.....afan instead.

Bacon sausage and egg bap about to be consumed for energy

Laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Sick of womens. More effort than they're worth. On a plus note last day of uni today, 7 weeks off now. Bikes. Lambing. Sorted.

Laters
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

. Bikes. Lambing. Sorted.

Laters

Wow used to do night lambing for the buccleugh estate... Was incredible times, highlights included: no sleep, extra slippy afterbirth (stuffs really slippy if you stand on it), asking the pretty vet studen to pass the lube in a loud voice, the hankering after mint sauce at 2am, and getting your hand and arm warm (if you know what I mean). In the day time ad awesome single track to thrash round as well :)
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Right that's it. No uni until the start of May. You should all be very jealous of me. 2 weeks of lambing, 5 weeks of nothing to be doing except riding bikes and eating cake, maybe doing a tiny bit of "revision" and lots of monging around in the sun 8)
    Wow used to do night lambing for the buccleugh estate... Was incredible times, highlights included: no sleep, extra slippy afterbirth (stuffs really slippy if you stand on it), asking the pretty vet studen to pass the lube in a loud voice, the hankering after mint sauce at 2am, and getting your hand and arm warm (if you know what I mean). In the day time ad awesome single track to thrash round as well :)

Lambing's a great laugh, the other student on the farm is a guy I used to be friends with as a kid but we haven't seen each other or properly spoken in 13 years or so. Alas unfortunately no fit vet students working with me, I think I need a break from them anyway, being in uni where it's 85% womens really tires you out after a while :lol:
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    Afternoon ass grabbers

im currently in bed with man flu wooo, all sorts of random munch and big bottles of lucazade, hmm should i go to work tomorrow or not :/
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Tuesdays suck. However I've had 3 weetabix so I'm ready to take it on.

Hmm i'm trying nto to make rude comments......

Grettings programs,

More fighting at work to get people to do things right, and planning my trip to fort williams in June woooooooop
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Having a full-on fight with SQL Server 2008 R2 (and have been since it was dark this morning). It won't talk to the accounts system I develop add-ons for.

Fecking thing will be going out the window soon :twisted:

On the plus side the sun is shining.

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Well tfft. I'm still alive. Lessons learnt today include do not take drugs designed to prevent nausea, they make you mongy, steroids don't make you angry. I can also now stand up without falling over and the room does not spin.

GHays recruitment, thanks for ignoring my call and the great response of zero to my email. The job market is tough but there is no need to be rude. I have taken this to mean my interview will not be rescheduled.

New camelbak consigliere turned up today, larger than the lobo with nice pockets but the reservoir is a pain to get in and out.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?