UK road trip

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited March 2012 in Holidays
Hi guys

Me and my bestie are planning a UK road trip this year as we re both a bit too skint to go much further afield. We were thinking of starting at Fort Bill and making our way south back to his place in N Wales (which is where I used to live too so we ve done that to death!)

We were thinking of going in early-mid September when the midges will all have gone to midge heaven and hopefully we ll be in the Indian Summer that we seem to get now (July and August always being crap!).Probably camping/Youth Hostelling to keep costs down/beer money up.

Any tips appreciated!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• ddraver
    Blimey, that was quick Nick! Trouble is, nobody ever comes in here....
    - @ddraver
  • albo
    albo Posts: 260
    Fort Bill > Glentress/Inners > Lee Quarry > Peak District > Cannock Chase > North Wales.

Depends how long you have, but that's what I'd do :)
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    For William > Devils Staircase (on the West Highlands Way just outside Glencoe) > Keilder > a natural ride in the Lakes > Llandegla > Snowdon Rangers.
  • ddraver
    For William > Devils Staircase (on the West Highlands Way just outside Glencoe) > Keilder > a natural ride in the Lakes > Llandegla > Snowdon Rangers.

Like the fist one but we ve done Llandegla to death (used to live in Llandudno) and although Snowdon is fun, it can wait for a shorter trip...

WHW is an interesting thought though , we ve not considered that....
    - @ddraver
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    Not quite what you're looking for, but for the price of what you're thinking of, you might be able to go further afield...

I'm putting together a Morzine trip end of july, start of august for a fortnight. Nice apartment, centralish location, transport, fuel, ferry, tolls and liftpass comes in at around the £4-450 mark. Only thing left after that is food and drink.

Generally speaking, the more people, the cheaper it'll be. Plus, at this point we're looking for a second vehicle and driver. If you're interested, we can talk, see about costing stuff out and see if it's doable for you.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.