Can anyone identify this Trek bike please

DavidDinkle
DavidDinkle Posts: 2
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Hi

My friend has a Trek bike that he's thinking of selling although we are both unsure of the model and i wondered whether anyone could help. He purchased it from a colleague at work who he's no longer in touch with.

He thinks it's  approx 12 years old with  non original forks made and is made in Taiwan shimano 105 groupset,  shimano tiagra brakes, 9 speed non original handlebar, saddlepost, saddle handlebar, stem wheels are original  bontager.

Here's some pics, any thoughts or ideas as to the model are most welcome. Might it be an older model 1500 with the USPS colour scheme?

de69b099.jpg

f3617df6.jpg

12540502.jpg

0a833ad0.jpg

4dd259ff.jpg

thanks

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Sorry, but unless Trek brought out a lower spec replica, that looks like a dodgy copy of a 5200 OCLV carbon
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    If your Google-fu is strong, you may be able to track it down by the frame number. I was able to get a month & year and location of manufacture of my 28 year old Raleigh frame that way.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    See here: http://www.lfgss.com/thread38216.html

I think EPS posts on here very occasionally. Must admit, I thought the USPS branding was only found on the carbon frames.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    cjcp wrote:
    See here: http://www.lfgss.com/thread38216.html

I think EPS posts on here very occasionally. Must admit, I thought the USPS branding was only found on the carbon frames.

Mine is alu and it's in USPS colours and it is a genuine trek frame, blue at the front fading through to black at the back with all USPS the graphics all over the tubes etc

The welding on that looks a bit rougher than on mine, Rough photo of mine I know.

6951914469_016caa4095.jpg
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    Does it not have the model number printed on the inside of the chainstays?