Bike Mall clothing - Cube clothing

manxleigh
manxleigh Posts: 12
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
I am looking for some decent team style tops assuming the weather is on the up and I can pack away the long johns for a few months. I keep getting directed towards www.bike-mall.com however at the prices they are offering I cant help but think the tops are not genuine? Im not bothered about this as long as they are good quality.

Anyone had any experience of bike-mall or know where I can get Cube clothing from in the UK?

Many thanks

Comments

• wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    I'd be interested to know too, the cube kit does look nice. The only other place to buy which I have found is Ebay shipped from China.
  • jp1970
    jp1970 Posts: 134
    Website looks like a bit dodgy... Does not display any contact details etc.

on your bike in Hereford sell cube clothings.... Check their website
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Definitely chinese fakes. Quality likely to be lower than genuine kit, although how much lower seems to be variable.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    These people seem to have the biggest range of Cube stuff...

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/m41/pd ... html?lg=en

Not used them yet.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I'm relatively new to cycling and admittedly I was a bit naive to buy from Bike Mall. However, for the quality and price I cant complain. I bought a vacansoleil team jersey and bib set and its alot more comfortable than the Tenn bib I bought a few months before. The sizing is fine as long as you check the size guide and check your measurements. I'm a big lad and using cycling to lose some pounds but I am really happy to find a team (replica/knock off) jersey in a larger size. I'm sure more experience cyclists would avoid Bike Mall completely but for a beginner its perfect.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    The fake Chinese stuff is good IMO, about 25% less quality for 25% of the price. If your poor like me its pretty much the best you can buy for the money. I bought a fake Trek-Leopard set about Christmas time last year and it still survives, its faded a bit but perfecetly acceptable for commuting. I've just ordered more fake stuff from 'Cycling Monton' lets you pay over Paypal so put mind at ease slightly.
  • trek_dan wrote:
    The fake Chinese stuff is good IMO, about 25% less quality for 25% of the price. If your poor like me its pretty much the best you can buy for the money. I bought a fake Trek-Leopard set about Christmas time last year and it still survives, its faded a bit but perfecetly acceptable for commuting. I've just ordered more fake stuff from 'Cycling Monton' lets you pay over Paypal so put mind at ease slightly.

This! I just got a sky top an bibshorts from monton came in about 2 weeks - good quality kit and delivered for just £30.00 will be using them again!!
    2012 Giant TCR Composite 3
  • I ordered something from bike mall. I knew it was fake, but quality is good. Came quick aswell.

I can afford to buy the real stuff, but I personally believe it is way overpriced.

Same with watches, I like a watch that looks good, if I could get an imitation TAG for £20 that looks exactly the same as a £2000 watch, I will buy it.