Will the world end in a mass of smoke and flames?

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Came to a rural crossroads today, looked left - two cars coming the lead car indicating left. He then turns in, the second car a Land Rover stops dead and flashes me out of the junction. Out I move, waving hand on way. The nice chap then passes me, moving right over into the other lane, indicates and moves back over and then throws up his left hand to acknowledge me. He definitely didn't have any fingers extended. :shock:

Now I'm actually concerned the universal balance is out and bad things will happen......

See not all drivers are ignorant, aggressive and rude to cyclists. If only this was a more regular occurrence.

Bloody nice ride today too, roll on BST :D
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Best get onto the Daily Mail - sure they will suggest it was an immigrant or similar!!!!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    I too was let out on the Portishead 100 by a huge Range Rover with blacked out windows and silver fenders etc - proper pimp my ride.

Was shocked, but reckon he played for Bristol City, so a fellow sports personality :mrgreen:
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I too was let out on the Portishead 100 by a huge Range Rover with blacked out windows and silver fenders etc - proper pimp my ride.

Was shocked, but reckon he played for Bristol City, so a fellow sports personality :mrgreen:

He's probably on the Range Rover Owners Club forum telling everyone that he seen a 'proper pimped', stealth looking, matt black bicycle in the Bristol area :wink:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    True - my bike and his motor where somewhat alike aside from his makes you fat, mine runs on fat !
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Last week a BMW driver patiently waited behind me as I dragged my sorry ass up this long winding hill in the dark, I gave him a wee wave of thanks and he flashed his Hazards at me in return, where's that Mayan Calendar got to..
  • pdsalmon
    pdsalmon Posts: 55
    We got a pleasant toot and a flash of the hazards from an artic lorry yesterday after we thanked him (held up a hand) for waiting behind us going uphill when mid road bollards prevented an overtake.

Also saw another lorry do the same to a group of four just in front of us after they thinned out from 2 a breast to single file to allow a pass.

It has just been one of the first warm sunny days of spring.....maybe that's it...