Motorcyclists

sfichele
sfichele Posts: 605
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Now I know there's a few motorcyclists on this forum, and no doubt you are fairly considerate riders - however, some of your compatriots are ABSOLUTE IDIOTS.

I Was out on the Snake-Pass today doing over 45 mph behind a car, riding primary. Out of no where a b4st4rd motorbike is suddenly leaning into me with inches to spare. All day we had this type of sh:t - not impressed with some of these dangerous gits.

EDIT: I've toned this OP down a bit, was plagued with the Red-Mist :(

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    u jelly bro?
  • LAW13
    LAW13 Posts: 9
    edited March 2012
    There will always be 'weekend warriors' which unfortunately give the rest of us a bad rep.

However, same applies to car drivers and indeed other cyclists.
    Whilst we may be the considerate, mindful, majority of each of these groups, there will also be the exceptions.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I dont think i've ever had any issues with motorcyclists during the week (or the weekend during the winter) but come the half decent weather and particularly holiday weekends all the knobs come out. In most cases it probably isn't even intentional either they just dont know how to handle their bikes.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    To offer balance,a cyclist cut me up today and I got mirrored by some twat in a VW Golf.

The motorcyclists (I am one also) overall were the most courteous :P
  • sfichele
    Sure there are a lot of sensible and considerate motorbike riders - and I saw quite a few today - but some are extremely dangerous, and imo much more dangerous than other road user out there! Especially given the risks they are taking.

I did say some! And I do mean the risk taking, dangerous Valentino Rossi types! My friend rides his motor bike on the track! The Peaks, especially the Snake, is not the place for doing 90 mph, and slamming your brakes on round every blind corner.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Seen plenty out today, only 1 complete fuckwit. Doing a wheelie in a built-up area. Rest were fine. Lovely Yammy R6 seen. Ridden by a proto "Oldest Swinger in Town", in his 50s, grey hair, pony tail!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Was passed by a group of about 12 today - lots of room given, no problems. However, I caught up with them at the bottom of the Loorberg where they had stopped to visit a cafe. They were spread across the road waiting to line up in the parking space so I nearly hit one of them! :roll:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    u jelly bro?

:?
  • RideOnTime
    I dont think i've ever had any issues with motorcyclists during the week (or the weekend during the winter) but come the half decent weather and particularly holiday weekends all the knobs come out. In most cases it probably isn't even intentional either they just dont know how to handle their bikes.

+1
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    LAW13 wrote:
    There will always be 'weekend warriors' which unfortunately give the rest of us a bad rep.

However, same applies to car drivers and indeed other cyclists.
    Whilst we may be the considerate, mindful, majority of each of these groups, there will also be the exceptions.

+1 'fraid 'tis true.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    pottssteve wrote:
    Was passed by a group of about 12 today - lots of room given, no problems. However, I caught up with them at the bottom of the Loorberg where they had stopped to visit a cafe. They were spread across the road waiting to line up in the parking space so I nearly hit one of them! :roll:
    Well you did better than Leipheimer.
  • sfichele
    Gizmodo wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

?
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    sfichele wrote:
    Gizmodo wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

?

He crashed into a police motorcycle on yest'days stage of the Paris-Nice costing him a probable place on the podium.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    This weekend it was probably more noticable due to it being the first real weekend of spring like weather this year, certainly in this area anyway. They were all out today, motorcylists, caterhams, cabriolets, porsches etc...all out getting rid of the frustrations of a winter couped up indoors.
  • RideOnTime
    sfichele wrote:
    ABSOLUTE FU@KING IDIOTS!

:D
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I love motorbikes but due to a dickhead in a C class merc(who pulled straight infront of me)i stick to road bikes on the roads now and the motorbike stays on the track.
    A dickhead is a dickhead whatever he rides or drives.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    THIS

and THIS
    Bozman wrote:
    A dickhead is a dickhead whatever he rides or drives.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    A motorbike "t-boned" a car last night on Queens drive - Liverpool

bike was a write off but the rider seemed a bit shaken

careful out there kids
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Gizmodo wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

Thanks! :D

I'm a bit bigger than Leipheimer - if I had hit one of them he would have come off worst. :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Always seemed to be that the so called 'fast' or 'mad' riders were crap when it really counted ie on the track. When I was racing (all be it low level club racing) the fast guys would take it very easy when out on the roads as they had nothing to prove out there.

Sadly as in a lot of areas we have idiots who spoil the reputation of others.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    What bugs me - and impacts my quality of life - is how fecking noisy they are. Why on earth is it OK for a bike doing 12000 rpm to damage my ears and start my children crying? This is pollution in a very immediate sense.
  • sfichele
    So I went and put my foot in it :(

After temporarily losing my common sense I stupidly posted the same thing on BikeChatForums to see if I'd getting any sane responses. Instead, got a bit of a kicking unsurprisingly.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    craker wrote:
    What bugs me - and impacts my quality of life - is how fecking noisy they are. Why on earth is it OK for a bike doing 12000 rpm to damage my ears and start my children crying? This is pollution in a very immediate sense.

Well that type of behaviour is not limited to bikers now is it - what about the chavs in their suped up corsa (or whatever) with dustbin sized speakers booming out 'boom tis' music and knobbing down the road on the red line with super loud twin exhaust and a dump valve on their turbo.

Let us not give the impression it is just bikers who create noise.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    sfichele wrote:

After temporarily losing my common sense I stupidly posted the same thing on BikeChatForums to see if I'd getting any sane responses. Instead, got a bit of a kicking unsurprisingly.
    It is entirely apropriate to say, "you got owned" :D
  • sfichele
    sfichele wrote:

Yeah, was somewhat predictable, but equally interesting to see the vitriol against cyclists. A lot of these tw@ts have no problem in buzzing you at a differential speed of 60+ mph since they expect you to out of their way. Yet they're all moaning about Audi* drivers that are on their ass or cut them up. Massive double standards

*insert whatever make of car you associate with kn@bs
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Sorry OP, but you sound like a complete tw*t. Get over yourself!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    sfichele wrote:
    sfichele wrote:

Yeah, was somewhat predictable, but equally interesting to see the vitriol against cyclists. A lot of these tw@ts have no problem in buzzing you at a differential speed of 60+ mph since they expect you to out of their way. Yet they're all moaning about Audi* drivers that are on their ass or cut them up. Massive double standards

*insert whatever make of car you associate with kn@bs

A group often criticised for paying low VED and insurance premiums was quite quick to criticise cyclists not paying VED and insurance (funnily enough,plenty of cyclists have insurance)

I think the next logical step there is cyclists to complain about walkers,and whether their dog is insured (lol)

Perhaps you wish to visit dogging.co.uk or doglovers.com and see what they think? :D:D:D