A 2012 Hardrock Sport Disc [Updated! April 2012]

Plyphon
Plyphon Posts: 433
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
PHOTOS REMOVED DUE TO THEM BEING USED TO SELL STOLEN BIKES.

Decided to take a photo of it in it's stock configuration as I plan to replace the forks Monday. Having embarrassingly large amounts of fun on this bike.

I'm always impressed by the paint job on this bike - I come from a BMX background so a decent paint job is one coat of Hammerite. Not sure if you can see the sparkles here:

These pedals are probably the best £30 odd quid I've spent in a while. The (lack of) weight really surprised me:

Awesomeeeeee

Got this Saturday morning, stoked on it. Done 2 hour ride Yesterday and a cheeky 1hr today (was a little sore on the bottom ha). So stoked.

Can someone answer me how the bikes "L" sizing converts to inches? It fits me fine, but I can't remember what size I chose in the end - the frame says L - but the website has measurements in inches - useless!

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    That looks really nice mate! Just get a tape measure and measure the seat tube. Middle of the bottom bracket to top of the seat tube where the qr collar sits.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    nice one, at a guess id say its a 19''
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Plyphon
    Cheers,

Yeah I think I vaguely remember the salesman saying 19"....

Rides great tho.
  • Plyphon
    Seat tube measured at ~480, website says 19" seat tube is 483 :)

MYTH BUSTED.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Plyphon wrote:

MYTH BUSTED.
    i thought so, though i was going by the gap between the top and down tube, a little bit less than my 21", don't know why they have some models in inches and others M, L etc, first time i've heard of it on a HR though,
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Plyphon
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Plyphon wrote:

MYTH BUSTED.
    i thought so, though i was going by the gap between the top and down tube, a little bit less than my 21", don't know why they have some models in inches and others M, L etc, first time i've heard of it on a HR though,

it just seems odd that even tho they have a sticker saying "L" on the bike they have no inches measurement, or on the website where they have the inches measurement they don't have a conversion to alpha sizes. anyway.
  • http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=62179&scid=1100&scname=Mountain

Would indeed help if they put the corresponding s/m/l/xl next to the frame sizes to take away any guess work

Nice bike by the way, liking the colour :D
  • Plyphon
    bumpy for updated photos!
  • Nelson56
    Nelson56 Posts: 79
    ive got the same bike :) but diffrent colour
    Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12858984
  • Plyphon
    Nelson56 wrote:

I love it! I've swapped out the forks now for RS Recon Silver TK's - I'll try to remember to get the photos up tonight.
  • Nelson56
    Nelson56 Posts: 79
    Plyphon wrote:
    Nelson56 wrote:

I love it! I've swapped out the forks now for RS Recon Silver TK's - I'll try to remember to get the photos up tonight.

yeah im probaly going to get them and yeah i want to see it
    Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12858984