My New 2XXX Carrera Fury

stanglish
stanglish Posts: 5
edited March 2012 in Your mountain bikes
I'm a skinflint, so I just picked up a used Carrera Fury on eBay. Only one problem - I have no sodding idea what year model it is.

http://goo.gl/CrKra

While I realise this is absolute heresy in a forum like this, I also know that pretty much all the Fury's are rock solid budget buys and so it should be a decent purchase. Used but in what looks like top condition - £165. Have I been absolutely robbed or is this a steal?

Also, can anyone name the year? :D

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Decent spec, the Toras are about £100 on their own, its quite an early model, around 04 at a guess.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • mercedism
    mercedism Posts: 102
    don't know what year, but advert says v brakes and pic doesn't.
  • mercedism wrote:
    don't know what year, but advert says v brakes and pic doesn't.

Yeah. I confirmed the picture is correct, so I'm just ignoring the description. I know it's not a hugely expensive bike but it's by far my best MTB to date so looking forward to getting stuck in!
  • Well it's almost brand spanking new. Took it up and down the road and it seems really strange (not a bad thing) to ride. Steering is slow due to the under inflated nobbies and I'm not 100% sold on the frame size although I've heard the 20" is pretty massive. I'm sure I'll be convinced when I'm smashing it round a few forests.

Also, I'll be buggered if I can find the actual size of the frame marked anywhere. To save me scrabbling round in the dark can any existing owners let me know if it's marked or if I have to try and measure? Ta.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Just measure from the middle of the cranks to to top of the tube that the seat post goes into.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy