2011 stumpjumper fsr comp vs 2012 giant anthem 2

gonzalez gomez
gonzalez gomez Posts: 61
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
i've got up to £2k to replace my recently stolen 2011 Cube Reaction Team hardtail. I fancy trying full suspesion this time. Having always ridden hardtails I could use some advice. I ride single track and xc around my home in the Forest of Dean and some enduro's such as the rough ride and the Breacon beast etc. Is the anthem the right bike to compare against te stumpy or should I be considering the trance?

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    i've got up to £2k to replace my recently stolen 2011 Cube Reaction Team hardtail. I fancy trying full suspesion this time. Having always ridden hardtails I could use some advice. I ride single track and xc around my home in the Forest of Dean and some enduro's such as the rough ride and the Breacon beast etc. Is the anthem the right bike to compare against te stumpy or should I be considering the trance?

Erm, well the anthem and the stumpy are 2 rather different bikes.

If you want a closer comparison the Trance vs Stumpy is better.
  • alex7147
    alex7147 Posts: 52
    Go for the giant - trance is more suited to the riding you will be doing; I ride one my self absolutely love it
  • Buy the Anthem X2 2011.... better spec than the 2012 version... :0) Pedal on have some in stock still...
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Briggo wrote:

Erm, well the anthem and the stumpy are 2 rather different bikes.

indeed but I'd be getting a Stumpy all day long that bike is made for techy, singletrack riding. If you manage to get a test ride on each I'd be interested to know your thoughts. Rode a Stumpy FSR Elite for a few days last season and fell in love with it! Just too much fun to ride :D would love to get one but I know I'd never ride my 'hopper again!

Little one-paragraph review on here :wink:http://thehairyrider.com/bikes/
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • I eventually opted for the stumpjumper, the bike arrives tomorrow, opted for it mainly because of the rear shock lock out option which wasn't available on the Giants in my price range. This will be my first full suspension bike so really lookig forward to giving her a blast around the verders trail here in the FOD later this week. I'm going my Cube Reaction Team which was a great hardtail but I'm the stumpy will prove to be a good bike. I can't fault the service I've had from my insurers Santander/AXA and bike suppliers Wheelies who to this point have both been fantastic.
  • flappy8
    flappy8 Posts: 172
    Well you'll have a great time on the venders on the stumpy although a full suss takes some getting used to after a HT. makes a change to hear of responsive insurers!
    MTB or Road - They are both good!