Where to buy a Canecreek angleset?

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Is it possible to buy the individual angleset cups anywhere in the uk? Want to slacken the HD out abit, I know I want the 1 degree cups, so I have no need for the others, but all I can find is the full set of cups, is there anywhere that does just the individual cups for 1 degree offset on there own? I would need the EC44/EC49, so it's not a case of not knowing what I need or compatible, but where to get them? anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    most LBSes can get them in. Extra are the distributor.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Have you considered any of the other options? I'm a bit of a broken record on this but Works Components' kit is a better solution for a one-bike fit- you're less likely to be able to transfer it to a new bike but then, what are the odds you'll transfer an angleset to a new bike? Headset standards will still vary after all.

But the tradeoff is you get a simpler design (less moving parts is always good on pushirons), that weighs a bit less, costs a bit less, and if it matters to you is entirely UK-made.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    Northwind wrote:
    Have you considered any of the other options? I'm a bit of a broken record on this but Works Components' kit is a better solution for a one-bike fit- you're less likely to be able to transfer it to a new bike but then, what are the odds you'll transfer an angleset to a new bike? Headset standards will still vary after all.

But the tradeoff is you get a simpler design (less moving parts is always good on pushirons), that weighs a bit less, costs a bit less, and if it matters to you is entirely UK-made.

was my first choice, have rung them numerous times, e-mailed them numerous times, no reply for several weeks.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Fair dos. They're a tiny wee op so I think they might be struggling a little now that they're getting bulk orders etc. Which is good for them but not so much for you!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    Northwind wrote:
    Fair dos. They're a tiny wee op so I think they might be struggling a little now that they're getting bulk orders etc. Which is good for them but not so much for you!

Yeah, they're based just outside cannock afaik, they make a great product, but they're gonna have to up their game to match demand...

went to the LBS today, phoned 2pure, will go back tomorrow to hear what they have to say. so pretty much sorted in 2 days... first email I sent to works was in january...