Anyone use these? Are they any good?
----
Widge.

Bird Zero 2
Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013

Comments

• Sammiye
    Sammiye Posts: 61
    Yeah I'd like to know as well. like the idea of the light weight protection. but worried they'll be really sweaty in summer. also look a not weird with shorts on.
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    Got the elbow pads. Can certainly recommend them. Extremely lightweight and comfortable.
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Really not much protection to them but they should make a wee bit of difference. I wouldn't call them a substitute for a real elbow pad but then there's times you don't want to wear one of those.

I haven't ridden in them but they felt very enclosing, like a lightweight armwarmer- I'd be surprised if they're not sweatier than my POC Bones (the POCs are big hard shells but cover way less skin) but then the POCs are expensive, bulky, and stupid looking, won't easily go under other clothes, and generall make you look like a stormtrooper.

Might be worth looking at the Gform pads- quite a similiar idea but with a greater level of protection.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    The answer your looking for is "has anyone been protected by them" not how comfortable are they or how cool do they look, i have 661 evo knee pads and elbow pads, they are comfy lightweight and as of yet i can not say how much protection they give as i have never had an off when wearing them.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    toastedone wrote:
    The answer your looking for is "has anyone been protected by them" not how comfortable are they or how cool do they look

Well kinda. The point of them is that you might wear them at times where a full pad is less desirable. So an alternative rather than a replacement.
    Uncompromising extremist