La Ventoux 2012?

rowman
rowman Posts: 111
I was thinking about doing the La Ventoux again this year. I've just taken a look at the organisers website (http://www.sportcommunication.info) and its still showing 2011 dates. Does anyone know of a source for the 2012 event dates?

Comments

• DavidCr
    DavidCr Posts: 44
    If you look at the French version on the sport communication website you will see the 2012 dates.

La Ventoux is 02/06/2012.
  • I'm keen. What are numbers like and is accommodation a bother?
  • rowman
    rowman Posts: 111
    I last did this event in 2008. I have to say that it was one of the best I've done. From the small numbers taking part, to the rolling hills of the Cote du Rhone and the free bottle of 'Chateaux La Ventoux' to all finishers. Transport from the UK is also good. I took the Eurostar from London down to Avignon (about 5.5 hours).
  • craigenty
    craigenty Posts: 960
    rowman wrote:
    I last did this event in 2008. I have to say that it was one of the best I've done. From the small numbers taking part, to the rolling hills of the Cote du Rhone and the free bottle of 'Chateaux La Ventoux' to all finishers. Transport from the UK is also good. I took the Eurostar from London down to Avignon (about 5.5 hours).

Hi Rowman. There were a few problems with this event in the late noughties and due to them changing the route every year numbers dwindled. (i think the mayor of Bedoin fell out with Sportcomm)
    It's back on the classic route now and numbers are back towards the 1000. Great event and always gets great weather - hope that's not the kiss of death for this year 8)