Descriptive word for this situation

2»

Comments

• Redmog
    Redmog Posts: 50
    edited March 2012
    Does she realize just how much research needs to go into the purchase of a new DSLR? this is not a snap decision, you'll need to do serious research into the pros & cons of each make, try a few out to see what is comfortable for you to use, do you want APS-C or full frame, what lens will be most useful for your needs - It could be months before you need to take a decision!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Play silent for as long as possible.
    When pushed, say that you were going to surprise her with a DSLR for her Birthday/Christmas (whichever is soonest and time/cash allows).

Hopefully this can delay/alleviate the problem.

In the meantime, get out on the bike to de-stress and avoid confrontation :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    Redmog wrote:
    Does she realize just how much research needs to go into the purchase of a new DSLR? this is not a snap decision, you'll need to do serious research into the pros & cons of each make, try a few out to see what is comfortable for you to use, do you want APS-C or full frame, what lens will be most useful for your needs - It could be months before you need to take a decision!

+1 !!!!

(not that a bike is any different ... :P )
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Shaudenfreude /ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/(German: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]): The pleasure derived from the misfortune of a guy who has just blown his budget for a new bike, which he hasn't gotten around to telling his wife about just yet, but 100%, with grave consequences for his financial resources for the next couple of months. As he came home, his wife tells him that your their trusty camera is useless and he need to buy a new one, and this time a proper DSLR too.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    This thread is useless without pictures of new bike......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Sketchley wrote:
    This thread is useless without pictures of new bike......
    or the wife :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Redmog
    Redmog Posts: 50
    That's why they need a new DSLR...
  • I think I'm actually going to stall the DSLR purchase with research. I tend to do that, I couldn't make up my mind about the bike for about a year...

The bike is a Cube Attempt 2011, I'll post pics as soon as I get it. As for the wife-pics, I'm not suicidal enough, especially with my first road bike coming soon. I have too much to live for.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    How's the bike? It looks quite tasty *gets CC out*
  • The bike is very nice. I've only done some commuting and one proper ride on it, but I'm still awed by its speed and handling. OK, maybe it's not very surprising that a road bike is faster than an MTB on roads, but the difference really needs to be felt to appreciate it.

That said, because it was snowing this morning, I commuted on my MTB with 2,15" slicks at 3bar, after two weeks of riding only the road bike, and really enjoyed it.
    Both bikes help me appreciate the other. After the speed monster, the MTB feels very comfortable and smooth, and I don't feel like I have to push it as fast as I can, as I know I can get my speed fix from the road bike a lot easier. And of course, after riding the MTB the road bike feels very quick, weightless and agile.

Life is good. :D
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Can we see pictures?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Right now, this is the best I can do:
    http://instagr.am/p/JjiTpwKkPc/

I'll need to get better pics with a proper camera. After I close the pump. When the sun's shining. After I wash the bike. And maybe some polish.

By the way, the bag behind the bars (tri-bag?) is doing my head in. I keep hitting it with my knees when standing. I need to get a saddlebag, or maybe steal it from my MTB.