Battlefield 3 on PS3

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
I am sliding into my 40's now and should know better. My son wanted and got a PS3 for Xmas and a couple of games. On the staff reccomendation at GAME we bought him Battlefield 3, got him all hooked up online etc. thing is I am addicted and this has now become my guilty pleasure.
I play this game when Mrs Dmclite is at work and kids at school and has made a significant dent in my time devoted to riding my bike. I really enjoy the game that much.

Is anyone else been hooked like this or am I just a bit sad ?

All opinions catered for and will be answered appropriately. :)

Comments

• EX DH
    EX DH Posts: 194
    Your not alone pal! was addicted to mw2 then mw3 but traded it i for bf3, loads better! massive maps and longer games.

I try to only play when the weather is bad, but i seem to play that more than ride at the moment!!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i got it from blockbuster a few weeks back - awesome graphics - awesome game - just over too quick -hated the hand to hand combat bits, press circle, press x, press R1, oops you've been knifed.

Incidentally and I sh1t you not, there was a guy who suggested that these games should end where the hero reveals himself to be gay - the point he made was that there was not enough games with gays in and if a game like Unchartered reveals his character was a loner because he couldnt relate to others because of his gayness then it would redress an imbalance in the gaming industry.

Personally I think the only people who dont like shooting people in games are communters. hehe.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Anonymous
    My username is matt123psycho .....yeah I know, but my 13 year old son chose it.

Love the game, usually found in squad deathmatch, as the servers always seem too busy to join in Rush or conquest.

They should have commuters in there as collateral damage opportunities, maybe ?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I'm considering buying it !

I've been addicted to the CoD games for the pase few years, but to be honest I don't think that MW3 is as good as MW2 (don't tell the Mrs though, that'll give her leverage over my PS3 time :lol: ) . So; I'm considering BF3.

How does it compare ? (If there's any chance of objective info, rather than the usual MW3 / BF3 fanboys arguing, that would help :wink: )

Cheers........
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    BF3 is incredible.. ended up spending far too much time on it during my Christmas break rather than getting on the bike and recovering from my operation.. definitely felt it in the legs in January!
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Great game (although i prefer bad company 2). Still havent played a minute of the single player game yet the online is just so good

Only about 10000 points away from unlocking th USAS 12,cant wait to get back at all the players who have been raping me with that and the frag ammo :mrgreen:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,166
    MattC59 wrote:
    I'm considering buying it !

I've been addicted to the CoD games for the pase few years, but to be honest I don't think that MW3 is as good as MW2 (don't tell the Mrs though, that'll give her leverage over my PS3 time :lol: ) . So; I'm considering BF3.

How does it compare ? (If there's any chance of objective info, rather than the usual MW3 / BF3 fanboys arguing, that would help :wink: )

Cheers........

Same here, I haven't been on MW3 for a month or two (haven't been on the PS3 for ages other than a quick blast on Singstar with my daughter since I decided to take cycling seriously again!) whereas with MW2 I was on there regularly and on the original MW I was worried I was becoming addicted.
  • Anonymous
    I am biased but have played PS2 games MOH etc and Xbox 360 COD, but BF3 really blows them out the water. I would reccomend it 100% just for the online play.
    My wife is hating me and I don't care. :D
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Could you go away again and come back when you've got something sensible to write about, or a naughty picture.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Could you go away again and come back when you've got something sensible to write about, or a naughty picture.

Norks are important but I am branching out into online combat now. I will post naughty pictures, just looking for my niche for example i might start a "Girls in wheelbarrows", thread or how about "Girls eating Melons" ?

Running scared I bet, oh yeah. :wink:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Aggieboy wrote:

"men in combat trousers" thread?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC7vzUjg-xrlwR-sS3lSwo5cc0PrcOrohx1ACJVi2wwLzgecy0
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Aggieboy wrote:

Norks are important but I am branching out into online combat now. I will post naughty pictures, just looking for my niche for example i might start a "Girls in wheelbarrows", thread or how about "Girls eating Melons" ?

Running scared I bet, oh yeah. :wink:

Ha!! Good luck with that. I started a 'Girls in the process of commuting' thread last night containing these pictures -

IdealSubway.jpg
    MetroLegs.jpg

and it's been pulled.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • timmyturbo
    timmyturbo Posts: 617
    I am sliding into my 40's now and should know better. My son wanted and got a PS3 for Xmas and a couple of games. On the staff reccomendation at GAME we bought him Battlefield 3, got him all hooked up online etc. thing is I am addicted and this has now become my guilty pleasure.
    I play this game when Mrs Dmclite is at work and kids at school and has made a significant dent in my time devoted to riding my bike. I really enjoy the game that much.

Is anyone else been hooked like this or am I just a bit sad ?

All opinions catered for and will be answered appropriately. :)

I still play day of defeat and battlefiled 2 on the PC , first time i ever played an online game ( counterstrike ) 12 years ago , i was blown away as i was not playing a computer but other people , after 18 hours straight on my first go i collapsed , i was even scoping out doorways to hide in on the way to the shop FFS !! :mrgreen:
    Britannia waives the rules
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    My first foray into online shooty shooty games was Black Ops (got to Prestige 15 lvl 50 and stopped) I got MW3 and hated it, so sold it after a week. Just finished Deus Ex and started Skyrim.
    I Enjoyed BFBC2 so reckon Battlefield 3 is on the cards.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    NapoleonD wrote:
    My first foray into online shooty shooty games was Black Ops (got to Prestige 15 lvl 50 and stopped) I got MW3 and hated it, so sold it after a week. Just finished Deus Ex and started Skyrim.
    I Enjoyed BFBC2 so reckon Battlefield 3 is on the cards.

Prestige 15 lvl50, and you manage to spend time on the bike !?!?

I got to Prestige 6 then bought MW3 when it came out. I spent far too much time playing it. Perhaps, I'm jsut sh*t at it ?
    :roll: :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I still play now and again and fancy having a go at BF3 sometime but as to multiplayer the last game i played alot online was Delta Force 2,how time flies.
  • napoleond
    Don't forget I spent a few months with a broken back/collar bone!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    MattC59 wrote:
    Prestige 15 lvl50, and you manage to spend time on the bike !?!?

Nap is a god and can multitask 8) - he taught Bruno Senna everything he knows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIcrppPDqFI
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • napoleond
    I also played it whilst on the turbo, less impressive than rollers though heh heh.
    ABCC Cycling Coach