Eurosport Player Bit-Rate / Quality

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Since the player went all Silverlight did they take out all the options for 'quality'? I've got fast broadband and with my laptop hooked to my tv I used to use the highest quality but now there's no option?

Am I missing a trick?

Comments

• Must have posted a short while before you. mine was working OK with Silverlight last year - up to about 4mbs for HD

This year - just subscribed for the season - and it wont go above 400kbs for any cycling I have watched - (2.5mbs reliable connection) which is a very poor picture. Seemingly the maximum is 1800kbs according to the bar at the top, but as I said - it just sits at 400kbs.

There is no HD option any more

I cant help but think that they have reduced the player capability to support their mobile platform launch.

In addition Silverlight - runs the processor so hard unnecessarily its unbelievable, and i am not sure if this has some effect in terms of reducing the quality of the feed, I am not techy enough.

Does yours run at 1800kbs ?
  • Dan_JR
    Dan_JR Posts: 36
    Mine is running at 1800kbs for Eurosport2 but lower for the tirreno adriatico channel 600kbs maybe.
    I think I read somewhere recently that they provide the best quality available dependant on what your ISP can handle.

I generally get 17mbs.

D
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Running at the 1800 mark for me.
    I think the extra channel feed is lower res and there is no commentary and then goes higher with the repeat with commentary.
    No complaints as it looks good on the Bravia via hdmi.
    Will it go to Android tho?