Bag for commute

tommy-leg
tommy-leg Posts: 48
edited March 2012 in Commuting general
can anyone recommend a bag that i can use for the commute to work? one with a headphone hole would be handy

Comments

• yocto
    yocto Posts: 86
    What’s your budget?

My wife has the original Rapha large backpack. Lots of great features including headphone holes, waterproof, etc but it costs a lot. She finds it a great bag.

I’ve recently bought the Ergon BC2 (designed for cycling, though I plan to use it while hiking). Again some great features including putting most of the weight (80%) on your hips and not the shoulders, and also having space between your back and bag so that you don’t get sweaty. This can be a bit more expensive than the Rapha but if you shop around there are savings to be had.

For those sort of prices it may be cheaper (and make more sense depending on how much you plan to carry) to get a rack and panniers...

Deuter do a range of cycling specific backpacks at various prices. I know very little about them though I understand they generally get very good reviews.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Depends how much you want to carry.

I use a Pletscher bar rack which handles up to 7 kilos, so you can strap any bag to this. It has it's own bungie and a tool box built in which takes a tube, p*ncture repair kit, tyre levers, multi tool, kwik link etc.

I also have a Deuter 8l backpack (Evans sale), for when I want to carry more, the most comfy backpack ever. Loads of useful pockets, netted straps and features to stop your back gettin' sweaty.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike