bike-discount.de any good?

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Their prices are pretty keen just wondered if anyone had bought anything from them

yay or nay cheers

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You get an extra 10% off if you mention who won the war.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    .blitz wrote:
    Their prices are pretty keen just wondered if anyone had bought anything from them

yay or nay cheers
    see here viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12767468&hilit=discount.de
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,664
    Just orderd two tyres off of them - realised that the cheaper DPD post option does nt deliver on Saturday so i rang them and they upgraded me to DHL for nichts, dispatched today, hopefully on the bike on saturday - Sehr Gut dankeschon!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I ordered some tyres the other day.

Unfortunately the computer cocked up, so I paid them 70 euros for an empty basket. Still waiting for a reply to my email asking for my money back.

I put the order through again and got an email to "Herr Bails" saying it had been dispatched, but the tracking number doesn't seem to exist with DHL....

I'm sure it's all fine....right?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Rob801
    Rob801 Posts: 43
    edited March 2012
    So far so good. I got a confirmation mail shortly after ordering. Two days later another mail with DHL track and trace info that and that they were getting ready to prep my bike and it would be four-seven working days before shipment.

I only saw the bike on the invoice so I sent them a mail to make sure they didn't forget the other stuff I ordered. Got a reply next day that my order was split in two. Got DPD tracking info day before yesterday on the extras (work stand, pedals and a spanner) and my wife sent me a pick of it nicely packaged in our living room at 9:00 this morning.

Just checked DHL and they haven't picked up the bike yet. It's the seventh day today and was kind of hoping to get it before the weekend but hell, you can't have everything. Like I said, great so far and very good communication.

Free shipping on everything BTW (because the bike I bought came with free shipping).
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    No problems with bike-discount.de. Have now ordered tyres, tubes and forks from them, all at prices the usual Merlin/Wiggle/CRC couldn't get anywhere near to.
    bails87 wrote:
    I ordered some tyres the other day.

Unfortunately the computer cocked up, so I paid them 70 euros for an empty basket. Still waiting for a reply to my email asking for my money back.

I put the order through again and got an email to "Herr Bails" saying it had been dispatched, but the tracking number doesn't seem to exist with DHL....

I'm sure it's all fine....right?

They've never taken money before sending any items, and have always responded quickly - even to technical questions so maybe I've just been lucky or you should blame Wiggle?

As for the tracking nothing works properly in this country - the DPD tracking didn't work on the .uk site, only on the translated .de, so maybe DHL is the same? In fact the DPD tracking was so detailed I was sure it was going to start telling me when their driver had taken a dump.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    In the ten minutes afetr I wrote that I got an email to say that the money hasn't been taken, it's just been moved to paypal in advance, and if it doesn't go on an order then it'll be returned, so no worries.

Also, the tracking number now works!

I blame wiggle!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Rob801
    Rob801 Posts: 43
    I can see my bike was picked up today and is at the first processing center so with any luck it'll be here for the weekend! I still can't see it on the Danish DHL site though... I guess they won't show it until it crosses the border (unlike DPD which I could follow all the way from the Danish site).
  • Lucky65
    Lucky65 Posts: 5
    I ordered a pair of Fulcrum Red Power XL Disc from them on June 1st 2012.
    The rear hub got destroyed after 2 workouts.
    I sent the wheel back on my on expenses using their Warenrücksendung (return of goods form)
    They sent me the wheel back rejecting the warranty claim along with a german letter from their Fulcrum wholesaler jbs-trading.de.
    They mainly stated that I did not properly screw the disk on the hub, easy ...
    I contacted a local Fulcrum dealer who told me that if this had been bought in a shop the warranty would have worked ...

What I learned from this experience :
      forget your warranty if you are buying online from this webstore
        If you don't speak german you will never know what happend to your equipment
        the paper work / shipment cost and administrative cost incurred on the customer side, on the reseller side bike-discount.de and on the wholesaler side jbs-trading.de was certainly higher than sending a new wheel under warranty...
        Fulcrum german wholesaler in conjunction with bike-discount.de just made today a
      very unhappy and angry customer .
      Pictures of the broken wheel as well as a german letter from the Fulcrum german representative available on request.
    • cooldad
      Lucky65 wrote:
      I sent the wheel back on my on expenses using their Warenrücksendung (return of goods form)
      They sent me the wheel back rejecting the warranty claim along with a german letter from their Fulcrum wholesaler jbs-trading.de.
      I contacted a local Fulcrum dealer who told me that if this had been bought in a shop the warranty would have worked ...

the paper work / shipment cost and administrative cost incurred on the customer side, on the reseller side bike-discount.de and on the wholesaler side jbs-trading.de was certainly higher than sending a new wheel under warranty...
        Fulcrum german wholesaler in conjunction with bike-discount.de just made today a very unhappy and angry customer.
      Pictures of the broken wheel as well as a german letter from the Fulcrum german representative available on request.
      So you join, make multiple posts on the same thing. Bolded stuff would void a warranty - so did you or didn't you?
      I don't do smileys.

Parktools
    • swardchill
      swardchill Posts: 86
      Well I have just bought a bike from them, used a credit card so even if they do take my money and scarper (which is highly unlikely) I am covered and it will only cause me the pain of trying to decide on another bike.
    • Lucky65
      cooldad wrote:
      Lucky65 wrote:

Fulcrum german wholesaler in conjunction with bike-discount.de just made today a very unhappy and angry customer.
      So you join, make multiple posts on the same thing. Bolded stuff would void a warranty - so did you or didn't you?
      the screws were correctly set front & rear. How can I miss 6 screws without paying attention to them ?
    • cooldad
      So you say one thing, they say another. I have no idea, but one of you is wrong.
      Depends what the damage is - 'destroyed' is a rather vague term.
      So explain or post a pic.
      I don't do smileys.

Parktools
    • Anonymous
      Anonymous Posts: 79,667
      Warranty argument basically with the supplier. You'd easily have the same argument buying from the UK if they wanted to kick up a fuss.

What the local dealer is saying though is "don't buy from somewhere cheaper than us, buy from us as we're a lot more expensive".

Warranty should be identical within the EU. Though if you went into the store and showed them the problem then yes they may have just said okay on the spot.

I would have thought that whilst first contact is with the supplier you should be able to go via the UK distributor for the warranty. They may not like it but I think they can't refuse as it would essentially be blocking the right to buy your goods from anywhere in the EU as well as receive a statutory 2 year* EU warranty, and that would be illegal.

* - strangely in the UK it seems the statutory 2 year rule seems to be ignored, but supposedly you are entitled to it and it should be EU wide. Could be we've managed to opt out.

Note, "grey" imports from outside the EU are not protected and they can be blocked by distributors, warranties not honoured, etc.
    • Lucky65
      Here is a picture of the damaged rear hub 2012-06-17%2012.25.57.jpg
      Did you ever see an issue like this one ?
    • I ordered from these for the first time on Monday last week, My order arrived on the wednesday, Awesome.
    • Anonymous
      Anonymous Posts: 79,667
      If anything the hub was the fault there, if we assume the disc was screwed on correctly. I can't see how a disc alone can break the hub screw mounts like that, *if* the disc was screwed on correctly.