Head And Shoulders

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited March 2012 in Pro race
Just seen the new Cavendish head and Shoulders advert on TV. Is this what happens when you become world champ/sports personality? All of a sudden you become a marketing tool and the wider public give a sh*t?

400_yywt_n.jpg

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Cav has never been ashamed of admitting he is a whore for corporate publicity. Remember the whole "I win so that my sponsor's name gets on the television in first place" stuff?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Woe! Cav in a shower just oooooozing sex appeal, and all they show is.....................

his head and shoulders. Boom.

Well bah humbug to that.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Good for him, a sportsman's career isn't very long, make the most of it. I'd swap in an instant, who wouldn't?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Is this what happens when you become world champ

Yes.

He's not even remotely in Tom Boonen's league yet when it comes to rubbish adverts. That man genuinely has no shame when it comes to flogging a product.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Flasher wrote:
    Good for him, a sportsman's career isn't very long, make the most of it. I'd swap in an instant, who wouldn't?

Exactly, anybody who says that they wouldn't take a big cheque just to have your face on an advert is lying.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    PS Must clarify this is deffinately NOT a pop at Cav, more a pop at the media/marketing moguls and them not giving a sh*t untill he became world champion, and the general public only giving a sh*t now that he's world champion, i know its good for the sport (apparently) etc etc, but still gets my goat...
  • RichN95.
    edited March 2012
    PS Must clarify this is deffinately NOT a pop at Cav, more a pop at the media/marketing moguls and them not giving a sh*t untill he became world champion, and the general public only giving a sh*t now that he's world champion, i know its good for the sport (apparently) etc etc, but still gets my goat...

It's part of a larger deal between Proctor & Gamble and several GB Olympic athletes - Hoy, Pendleton, Ennis and others. At least Cav didn't get the floor detergent.

Victoria-is-amabassador-for-PG-brand-Pantene.jpg
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    RichN95 wrote:

It's part of a larger deal between Proctor & Gamble and several GB Olympic athletes - Hoy, Pendleton, Ennis and others.

Seb Coe's hair was looking particularly flake-free this morning when he was dodging all those questions about where all the Olympic tickets went.
  • LeicesterLad
    RichN95 wrote:

It's part of a larger deal between Proctor & Gamble and several GB Olympic athletes - Hoy, Pendleton, Ennis and others.

Oh yes, the Olympics...should have know they were plugging that again. By the time we get to 'London 2012' 'Francos Barbers' will be growing energy grasses and supporting the Olympics...
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Nice to see the ladies getting the floor cleaner and persil*

(have no idea if this is a P&G product!)
  • RichN95.
    hammerite wrote:
    Nice to see the ladies getting the floor cleaner and persil*

(have no idea if this is a P&G product!)

Not only that, but a black woman. It's like watching The Help.
  • He replaces Jenson Button as Head & Shoulder's champion poster boy
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    wow that gymnast's legs go on for miles!!!!! [/shallow]
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    ddraver wrote:

She'll certainly get that floor nice and shiny doing that.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    OLYMPIAN-BEAUTY_2098406a.jpg

evgeniya-kanaeva.jpg
    29b220cb44ab9beea6a19d4a8c51.jpg
    pantene_athletes_ambassadors_04.jpg
    PG-Pantene-2.png
    pantene_athletes_ambassadors_01.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    RichN95 wrote:

Yes.

He's not even remotely in Tom Boonen's league yet when it comes to rubbish adverts. That man genuinely has no shame when it comes to flogging a product.
    safe_image.php?d=AQDrN3tZHjmtas8p&url=http%3A%2F%2Fplatform.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fwww%2Fapp_full_proxy.php%3Fapp%3D183319479511%26v%3D1%26size%3Dp%26cksum%3Dd9fd66d7f3d68296e917858c8ea77ad2%26src%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fi1.ytimg.com%252Fvi%252FHYGyhe3OBik%252Fhqdefault.jpg

16889.jpg

boonenmeat.jpg

Boonenglad.jpg

You're not wrong.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:

Yes.

In fairness, the UK is pretty unusual when it comes to adverts. Over here they need to be all edgy, or cool or serious.

That's not the case in the rest of Europe - so the UK gets all snobby over continental adverts.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    RichN95 wrote:

Yes.

In fairness, the UK is pretty unusual when it comes to adverts. Over here they need to be all edgy, or cool or serious.

That's not the case in the rest of Europe - so the UK gets all snobby over continental adverts.

I like the one for Innergetic mattresses with a few of the Quick Step lads all cuddled up on a bed together, I saw that in Brugge last year. The Pate 'by Tom Boonen' is good. I think he can be proud of putting his name to quality delicatessen items.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    ddraver wrote:

Who is she and who is the brunette (not Pendleton)? Some fodder for the sportwomen thread in Cake Stop there!
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Who is she and who is the brunette (not Pendleton)? Some fodder for the sportwomen thread in Cake Stop there!

The brunette is Keri Anne Payne (swimmer)
  • rick_chasey
    MrTapir wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Yes.

I like the one for Innergetic mattresses with a few of the Quick Step lads all cuddled up on a bed together, I saw that in Brugge last year. The Pate 'by Tom Boonen' is good. I think he can be proud of putting his name to quality delicatessen items.

STDW377INNERGETIC.jpg.h600.jpg.938.jpg

Best advert by innergetic though:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsROHW-313KnF3j6o571vq9HaOUfDxE24tzvl8nqYcyOKbZbrtbnY119topQ
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

The brunette is Keri Anne Payne (swimmer)

Thought it might be, I've only seen her in swimming stuff before though.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206

yes that is brilliant. What is the guy on the right saying though? Repose? what does this mean?
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    What with Hoy now doing razors - instead of highish fibre cereal!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    MrTapir wrote:

yes that is brilliant. What is the guy on the right saying though? Repose? what does this mean?

McEwen: tired (fatigué)
    Boonen: rested (reposé)