Pissing let downs!!

dirtymonkey1985
dirtymonkey1985 Posts: 529
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone else have a bloody mate that always cancels for a ride at the very last minute!! Does my bloody head in!! :evil:
Rant kind of over.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Quality rant - well done!! :D
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Find more mates ;)

I ve got one too - Now i ordered some shorts, mitts and drink off off a relatively well known webshop (not the big two, but another one) in favour of a few similar options. The shorts were out of stock with no notice on the website (and nothing was changed after they told me).

Now I live in the Netherlands so post takes an ice age to reach me, at least a week usually, so i replied to their admitadly timely e-mail saying that if it was going to take long to let me know. They reply after a few days saying that the shorts are in stock and the package will be dispatched 'tomorrow' (Friday).

I get an e-mail TODAY saying that the package has been sent -Seriously, I know it's not their fault if i run out of stock but...

A) let people know BEFORE they order and
    B) Dont flipping bullsh1t me!!

and breathe....sorry....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    O T: We are often told of the general wonderfulness of the Postal Service in the Netherlands, especially by people who are trying to buy the Royal Mail on their behalf. Any views?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    pffft...I don't notice much difference to be honest.

But I would nt say i ve used either a lot. They do seem to be better at the "sorry you were not in" card - as in if they deliver at 10 am they will try 5 am the next day etc.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Bunch of fine-weather cyclists in my club, raining a bit on Sunday, so rather than the usual 20+ turn out, there's 3 of us!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    My mate getting 3 punctures miles from home.

Thinking monday night was warm and wearing very little on the bike,have manflu now.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I consider myself lucky, my mate (Prawny) despite being a bit shellfish, has never cancelled on me even in the worst of weather.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I consider myself lucky, my mate (Prawny) despite being a bit shellfish, has never cancelled on me even in the worst of weather.
    hehe he probably likes censored men in tights.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    TBH i get far fewer last minute let downs than the days you benefit by thinking "I dont feel like it but I have to go as X is depending on me being there"

any way the answer is - if you get let down, go solo and blast it - then send the Garmin plots to the stay-a-bed pointing out he might be slowing you down LOL!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    ....he probably likes censored men in tights.

Now there's an idea for a new thread.......
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I'd rather be let down than hang around for 30 mins for a group ride. I've stopped riding with a local club because they had a forum where riders post whether they are going to come along to the ride or not. The ride leader then wait for them if they're late. Sometimes he phones them to see how late they are going to be, then waits until they eventually turn up.

First time I thought it must be a one-off. Second time I went off and did my own ride.

I'm running a training camp at the end of March. The instructions say that if anybody misses the start time we will go without them.
  • b16 b3n
    b16 b3n Posts: 301
    Bastards of the earth. They have you waiting for ages then you get a text when your at the meeting point.
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • ILM Zero7 wrote:
    TBH i get far fewer last minute let downs than the days you benefit by thinking "I dont feel like it but I have to go as X is depending on me being there"

any way the answer is - if you get let down, go solo and blast it - then send the Garmin plots to the stay-a-bed pointing out he might be slowing you down LOL!
    Did exactly that and as it happens I smashed the best time we had for a little 30 mile loop :D just sending him the garmin data now lol
  • Yep I got one. He's even let me get to his house then says I don't feel like it so I'm not riding, Unreal. If its just looks grey outside he cancels, if its breazy he cancels, if it's sunny and hot he says it's too hot which he says makes him feel poorly he cancels. So now found a great club, great lads and who always turn up come rain or shine. As for the Friend I'm affraid he calls but I just say can't ride the weather just ain't right, lol
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,166
    Thought this thread was about those days when you are bursting for one but it is so cold you struggle to find the necessary equipment!