Orange Five Suspension Help

DH_Kav
DH_Kav Posts: 7
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I somehow managed to get my hands on a limited Edition Orange Five, and this is the first Full Suss bike I have ever owned. My riding style has always been about big jumps, fast pace and adrenaline. So I'm not sure the Front and Rear suspension will be ideal for me. I was thinking of upping the front to 180mm travel and the rear to 160/180mm.

I'm not exactly the expert when it comes to suspension so, is there a limit to how much travel you can put onto the rear of this Orange Five frame?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like you have the wrong frame really.

yes there is. What it came with.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DH_Kav
    DH_Kav Posts: 7
    Ok not a problem. It just means I get to buy a separate bike for my DH and Freeride antics.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Pretty sure the optimum (and maximum) is 150mm at the front - deffo not 180!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    And I don't think you can change the back. That's determined by the frame, not the shock.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    miss notax wrote:
    Pretty sure the optimum (and maximum) is 150mm at the front - deffo not 180!

The maximum is 160mm on the front of the current Orange Five.

It does sound like the Op should of bought a Patriot though