Wich (inch) bike is the best for a 4 year old toddler?

universe
universe Posts: 2
We have a toddler of 4 years old. Our question is wich bike is the best to learn.

What we exactly wanna know is wich inch we have to search for.

Cause we got different opinions everywhere thought we might get some answers here,

Thanks.

Comments

• baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    Islabikes have a great table to help you pick the sized bike for the size of your child. (Are they still toddlers at four?) ;)

A word of warning, however... not all 16" (for example) bikes are created the same. That's the size of the wheels - but nothing about the geometry of the frame that holds them. Generally, good kid's bikes have a low centre of gravity, with the child set down between the two wheels, somewhat spaced apart.

Bad kid's bikes have two wheels close together, with a very upright stance - often designed for use with stabilzers so that it's actually difficult for the child to put their feet down and touch the ground if the saddle is of sufficient height.
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • Take your four year old into a bike shop and try a few on for size. Even an educated best guess could be wrong and hold the small person back considerably.
  • TimIrons
    TimIrons Posts: 30
    I can give another vote for the Islabikes, the Cnoc 16 is a great starter bike for a 4 year old which i can vouch for having used one for each of my two children.

I am selling the one we have outgrown. see my post in the for sale area of this site or search on eBay under my seller name of irons2001.