Bionicon Golden Willow

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited May 2012 in Your mountain bikes
A long way to go yet, but will mostly be using the bits from my Bfe for this. Therefore its going to be a bit of a mess colour wise until I get round to selling all the blue/white/orange bits. I'll do a current spec list later. (click pics to enlarge)

th_2012-03-05113140.jpg

th_2012-03-07084543.jpg

Comments

• Hmmmm, blue / white / orange bits you say. You have PM. :D
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    That's going to build into a lovely bike!!

:D
  • ste_t
    CWNT - pm'd you back.

andyrm - Cheers, I certainly hope you're right! Not happy with the lack of choice with 30mm seatposts though. I think the gold Sunline V1 bars I've ordered from crc will make up for it.

Hopefully I can get it all together by the end of tomorrow to be able to get out for a ride on Friday.
  • Just remember, it dosent have to be 30.0mm, it can be anything UP-TO 30.0.

Shims are your friend. (Superstar sell shims at very reasonable prices)
  • ste_t
    2012-05-18155246.jpg

Finally finished (for now.) After inspection it transpired that the frameset had been pretty neglected with collapsed bearings, knackered bushings, parts put back together wrong after bearings being changed, forks full of dirty old grease etc etc.

The new Cube 29er hasn't helped as I absolutely love riding it, so have taken my time getting the Bionicon sorted properly.

Just need to get the saddle angle sorted and then it is ready to ride. Need to make sure I like it enough before I start replacing all the white/blue parts that clash.

Frame: Bionicon golden willow, 70-140mm front, 120mm rear
    Wheels: SS AM 490 on swith evo hubs (blue and white.)
    Gearing/Crankset: all SLX 9 speed, double and bash.
    Brakes: Avid Elixer 5, white w/ blue hose, 203F, 185R
    Pedals: M530
    Everything else: Charge spoon, On-one twelfty post 27.2 with shim to fit, Sunline V1 bars in gold 745mm O/S, Superstar excel grips all black, superstar gold clamp and skewers.

Will get a quick test after work today then a proper ride at Llandegla on Tuesday.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Glad you got there in the end. Looks nice. Enjoy it.