Shades for the sun.

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited March 2012 in Road beginners
Hi, after some new shades for the spring and summer when it arrives!!. What do you wear or recommend????.

Thanks.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    How much are you looking to spend? Makes a big difference.

FWIW, I use Bolle Contour ESP, clear or shaded. Work great, safety rated and at £7 they are cheap as chips (so if you drop and break them then it is no big deal). Downside is that they are a close fit so can mist up and I don't think they have any UV protection (which, to be honest and perhaps naively, I don't worry about at all).
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    Aviators!
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    edited March 2012
    +1 for the Bolle kit. You'll find quite a range on eBay to choose from. Don't do what I did last Sunday though - grab a pouch without checking and find yourself wearing dark eyewear on a dull day (until I gave up wearing them). :roll:

[The Bolle kit I have claims to be fully protective against UV, so that might be worth checking.]
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    edited March 2012
    Aviators!

Ok for the school run? :D

But to answer the question I wear these...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=51645

It's all about the retro style :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Oakley. Pricey but they last forever.
  • woozor
    woozor Posts: 117
    I use Rudy project rydons with the photochromatic lenses. Great glasses, light comfortable and faultless tbh.

I had the urge recently for some oakley jawbones which are also great, very comfortable and great looking with a wide selection of lenses which can be a bit confusing on making a decision. However just stuck with my rydons as it was a non realistic upgrade :mrgreen:
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    woozor wrote:
    I had the urge recently for some oakley jawbones which are also great, very comfortable and great looking with a wide selection of lenses which can be a bit confusing on making a decision. However just stuck with my rydons as it was a non realistic upgrade :mrgreen:

:lol: I'm in the same situation, but the Rydons just work, no fuss, no bother, great glasses!
  • eyebee
    eyebee Posts: 257
    +1 for the Rydons, worth every penny!