14Ltr High Sierra Review

PaulC7
PaulC7 Posts: 112
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Available at Costco for £18 in four colours... black, red, blue, green.

First impression when looking at the bag is its a little big, but its light has a good number of pockets of various sizes, helmet storage... and two handy waist pockets.

I tested it on a short 2 hour ride in a local nature reserve (first time back on bike after pulling my shoulder muscle)
and it felt so comfortable i didnt even notice i was wearing it as it sits high on the back.

The waist pockets were great with quick access to phone and food stuff.

All in all a very good bag and should last a long time if looked after.

The padding is not too little or too much.

bag%2520002.jpg

A nice little feature is the "sports flap"... a stretchable mesh pull out that will hold you helmet in place when not wearing it or not wishing to carry it by hand.

bag%2520003.jpg

On the bottom is a stretchable mesh pocket and also a strap for attaching light.

bag%2520004.jpg

In the middle is a dedicated bike tool pocket which in itself has two mesh pockets for keeping items easily findable.

bag%2520010.jpg

At the top are two pockets...

A medium sized pocket for food stuffs.

bag%2520032.jpg

And a large sized pocket for spare clothes or other bulky items.

bag%2520039.jpg

Now the bladder is a good 2Ltr wide neck bag with slide lock so easy to clean after each use.

bag%2520055.jpg

The drinking tube is padded to prevent freexing... but i doubt i will put that to the test.

bag%2520051.jpg

The spout is a good size made of rubber.

bag%2520063.jpg

The bladder has its own pocket and can be clipped to prevent it from falling to bottom of pocket.

bag%2520065.jpg

And access to the bladder couldnt be easier through the zipped side entry.

bag%2520073.jpg