The raging tooth...

ChrisLS
ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
...I've got the raging toothache :( Some sympatyhy please...
...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...

Comments

• penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    Some clove oil would serve you better my friend!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Co Codamol and red wine. Job jobbed my son.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Phone a dentist for a quote to remove the bad tooth. The shock of the bill will make you forget how much pain you're in.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    GiantMike wrote:
    Phone a dentist for a quote to remove the bad tooth. The shock of the bill will make you forget how much pain you're in.

nah...

what you need is an ice skate. You put it on the tooth and hit the other end with a rock.

WILSON!

The older I get, the better I was.

• turboslave
    turboslave Posts: 178
    I had the same problem last month, raging, absolutely raging toothache, phoned the dentist and got straight in, after an X-Ray he gave me the good news, its coming out, and the bad news, the cost.
    So after 2 injections with the biggest needles and syringes I have ever seen, and 30 minutes of tugging, crunching and sweating along with the usual blood and guts, in went 4 stitches, the poor girl helper almost passed out bless.

Now feeling much better thanks, so do yourself a favour, dont delay, get yerself sorted.

Enjoy

TS
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Try string and a door handle + a friend on the other side of said door ....and open :shock:

I have same problem at the moment :cry: .....hey oh ....out with the single malt :wink: as i have no string.
    bagpuss
  • You have my deepest sympathies,try Orajel, available from sainsburys and suchlike.

It saved my life until I could get to a dentist, the relief was amazing!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...thanks all...my dentist, who is also a cyclist God bless him, has given me some mega pain killers and antibiotics. Once ths infection is cleared it's root canal treatment. Best of all it doesn't hurt anymore...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • turboslave
    turboslave Posts: 178
    Ah the old root canal, now they are proper tear jerkers, time to man up, so you say your dentist is your friend, so was mine. Atb
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    solution - tie a string round your tooth - tie a string round a door handle - shut the door - right now its closed just shut the F*ck up, :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I've had the root canal treatment on a back molar. Dentist was brilliant, didn't feel a thing throughout but the bill was feckin' EPIC (over 2k). Mind you, that included the gold crown that went on the bit that was left. It was very weird looking up at the dentist who was looking down at my tooth through what appeared to be a microscope. Those bendy drill bits that they dig out your nerve endings with are truly impressive, he had to go 17mm below the gum line to get all my nerve bits out according to the x-ray shots.

Get the tooth sorted out, the last thing you want is an abscess followed by total tooth removal.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Rest an Asprin on the tooth. Instant pain relief. Then go and bend over at the Dentist :lol: