Hayes Stroker Ryde brake pads

muzzle1
muzzle1 Posts: 21
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I have a 2011 Cube Acid with Hayes Stroker Ryde brakes. I need to order some new pads but looking at Superstar etc there are two types - with and without a spring. Any idea which I might need? I know I could look at the current pads on the bike, but I'm at work and was hoping to order them today! Of course, if there's no easy answer it'll have to wait till this evening but if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/brakes/st ... oker-ryde/

are they the ryde or the ryde comp?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • muzzle1
    They're Ryde I think...
  • Matt 24k
    Matt 24k Posts: 186
    The pads are the same, the difference is the spring. Stroker Rydes had magnetic pistons for 1 year of production with no spring needed and then went back to springs. I had days of confusion trying to work out what the difference was. Just check to see if you have spring, shown in pic, fitted or not.
    49736.jpg
  • ZMC886
    ZMC886 Posts: 10
    The 2009 ones were magnetic. A pretty good brake, but not the best.
  • muzzle1
    Thanks for all the help, turns out they did have springs (I ended up taking the pads out and checking, which is what I should have done in the first place!). Cheers.