Wilier Izoard 2010 and current Wilier Izoard XP - same bike?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Question of curioisty chaps.

The new Wilier Izoard XP, is it the same bike as their old Wilier Izoard? Or have they kept the same mold but lowered the quality of the carbon, increased the weight that sort of thing?

Thanks in advance
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    The second one I believe, which is a shame as the 2010 is a fantastic bike. Centaur has also been downgraded, and is no longer Ultrashift.
  • gds08
    gds08 Posts: 948
    Canny Jock wrote:
    The second one I believe, which is a shame as the 2010 is a fantastic bike. Centaur has also been downgraded, and is no longer Ultrashift.

You're absolutely right. The later XP is visually very similar to the 2010 Izoard but is not as light or stiff and has a lower spec' Campag' groupset on it. I have the older 2010 Izoard and it's an outstanding bike. Mine has the Carbon Centaur groupset and came with Fulcrum 3 wheels as opposed to the much cheaper Miche ones on the later models.

Graham