Have I now seen it all?

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
Cycling to work this morning near Blind Beggar Pub, I was stopped at traffic lights on Mile End road heading West, when I saw a cyclist coming across the lights (which were green in his favour) riding perfectly sensibly, but in his left hand, he had 2 crutches which he somehow managed to hold onto as well as the handlebars.

Odd, but not that odd you say!
However, his left foot and lower leg were encased in a rigid plaster. It looked as though he had a broken ankle or something similar.

Never seen anyone riding a bike with such an injury before. (He didn't have an SPD cleat on his plaster though)
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    That does indeed take the biscuit.

Probably beats my sighting of what i first thought was a tandem with a leg for a cross bar.

On closer inspection, it was a fairly regular tandem, with a one legged stoker, who had his artificial leg removed and strapped to the crossbar for safe stowage (presumably so as not to cause unecessary wear on the knee joint?).
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    t4tomo wrote:
    That does indeed take the biscuit.

Probably beats my sighting of what i first thought was a tandem with a leg for a cross bar.

On closer inspection, it was a fairly regular tandem, with a one legged stoker, who had his artificial leg removed and strapped to the crossbar for safe stowage (presumably so as not to cause unecessary wear on the knee joint?).

:D
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Saw two guys cycling along side by side, with a sofa sitting between them, resting on the back of their bikes - and one of the guys was carrying a plant pot in one hand in the Hague.

Chatting about moving house.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Saw a guy with a 3-piece suite on the back of a bike in Uganda - one of those rattan cane type ones that you get for conservatories round here. Sofa tied onto rack, chair hanging off each end, cushions balanced on top of sofa.

Saw a guy with a large pig (and I mean large) wrapped in a mat on the rack as well, the same day.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,362
    bompington wrote:
    Saw a guy with a 3-piece suite on the back of a bike in Uganda - one of those rattan cane type ones that you get for conservatories round here. Sofa tied onto rack, chair hanging off each end, cushions balanced on top of sofa.

Saw a guy with a large pig (and I mean large) wrapped in a mat on the rack as well, the same day.

Possibly save this for the next time someone on here is bleating about how heavy their laptop is :lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Standing at a bus stop on the City Road in Birmingham early one morning, nobody around, then this guy cycles up the road on the other side.

I initially thought he had some strange flesh coloured lycra on... Only when he was past me did I notice a couple of ass cheeks staring at me. Fully clothed from the waist up, but nothing on at all from the waist down!!!
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I saw a bloke on a moped in Thailand holding an umbrella up with one hand, just looked comical lol!