Mario Cipollini to ride with Axel Merckx in July

axelsgranfondo
axelsgranfondo Posts: 2
edited March 2012 in The bottom bracket
Mario Cipollini (aka the Lion King, Cipo, and Super Mario) will ride the 2nd annual Valley First Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan on July 8th in Penticton, B.C., Canada.

He'll join Axel Merckx and others, including: former Vancouver Canuck captain, Trevor Linden; Hollywood actor, Ethan Suplee; and, former mountain bike Olympic medalist, Alison Sydor.

Full details here: http://www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com.

The 2012 Valley First Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan (VFGFAMO) is a fully supported ride featuring several categories and distances to challenge cyclists of all levels. The traditional Granfondo spans 160 km, while the shorter Mediofondo and Cortofondo categories feature 92 km and 55 km routes, respectively. This year, the 2012 VFGFAMO has joined the UCI World Cycling Tour as its only North American stop. This new twist in the Granfondo category allows those riders who want to push their competitive limits to do so, and qualify for the chance to race at the UCI World Tour Final in South Africa – and possibly earn a UCI rainbow jersey. The Granfondo weekend on July 6-8 will also feature a full schedule of events leading up to and following the ride.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Well if Hollywood actor Ethan Suplee is going - count me in. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Thanks for the advert first posting man coincedentally called axelsgrandfondo. Perhaps you can now make a donation to charity in place of the fee you would have had to pay to put that in a magazine?

Do you have any pictures of any norks that you can post to annoy the dullards on the ride to work section of the forum?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Well if Hollywood actor Ethan Suplee is going - count me in. :D

He's really big and fat so it could be an entertaining sight. (He was the thick brother in My Name is Earl).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yossie
    Errr no - you're wrong.

Earls' brother was called Randall Hickey, not Ethan Suplee. I don't know who the heck Ethan Suplee is, but he definitley ain't Randy.

Maybe you want to check your sources?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,166
    Yossie wrote:
    Errr no - you're wrong.

Earls' brother was called Randall Hickey, not Ethan Suplee. I don't know who the heck Ethan Suplee is, but he definitley ain't Randy.

Maybe you want to check your sources?

Randy Hickey is the character he plays. Google suggests he has now also lost a load of weight.

http://www.rapha.cc/super-downsize-me
  • Yossie
    Nop - you;re wrong.

Earl's brother is called Randy. Randall. Randy. has a brother called earl. Drinks at the Crab Shack. Fancies that Spanish bird.

Randy. Not Ethan Suplee. Randy.

Sorry, but you're wrong.
  • Pross
    Yossie wrote:
    Nop - you;re wrong.

Earl's brother is called Randy. Randall. Randy. has a brother called earl. Drinks at the Crab Shack. Fancies that Spanish bird.

Randy. Not Ethan Suplee. Randy.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

I haven't seen the film so are you making some film reference that is going way over my head?
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144

Ethan Suplee (born May 25, 1976) is an American film and television actor best known for his roles as Seth Ryan in American History X, Louie Lastik in Remember the Titans, Randy Hickey in My Name Is Earl, Thumper in The Butterfly Effect, Dewey in Unstoppable, and his roles in Kevin Smith films.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    either way can you really afford not to miss a ride with Vancouver Canuck captain, Trevor Linden. :D:D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yossie
    Oh, for the Mother of Mercy and all things and and innocent in the world.

Earl's brother is called Randy. Randall. Not Seph Doolittle or whatever this dude is called. This dude doesn't even look like him.

Stubble? Err, no.
    Soiled t-shirt? Errrr, no
    Gormless face? Errrr, no. Well, maybe - ok, you have me on that one.
    Straggly greasy hair? Errrr, no.
    Jeans?? Errrrr, no.
    El Camino? Errrr, no.
    Really fat? Errrr, no - just marginally fat.

Anyway, I have never, ever seen randy in Rapha or any other kind of cycling clothing.

Earl's brother is Randy. End of. I have no idea who this dude is and I don't care.

End of. Now stop wasting my time.
  • rc856
    :D:D
    What are you missing here?

You've already said that Earl's brother is Randy Hickey and as above it says that THE ACTOR Ethan Suplee plays the CHARACTER Randall Hickey.

The above pictures are of the same actor, Ethan Suplee. Pic on left is him in his fatter 'Earl' days and on the right is his new, slimline cycling figure. One and the same person.

Def not wasting your time. :D
  • Pross
    RC856 wrote:
    :D:D
    What are you missing here?

You've already said that Earl's brother is Randy Hickey and as above it says that THE ACTOR Ethan Suplee plays the CHARACTER Randall Hickey.

The above pictures are of the same actor, Ethan Suplee. Pic on left is him in his fatter 'Earl' days and on the right is his new, slimline cycling figure. One and the same person.

Def not wasting your time. :D

This is what I was trying to say above. I have come to the conclusion that the above is a reference to some of the dialogue from the film but having not seen it it's going right over my head!!
  • Yossie
    No, no, no, no, no. Errandum majorialis. Error. Wrongness.

Earl Hickey's brother is called Randy - Randall. Not Seph Perineum or whatever this dude is calling himself. Randy's nickname is Randy, so he can't even be confused with Seph Perineum on a nicknames' basis.

Randy doesn't ride a bike or wear cycling clothes. Neither does Earl or Catalina or Crab Man or Joy Turner (who also isn't Seph Perimeum or whatever the guy's name is) and as they are Randy's closest friends (and brother and wife and ex sister - in law), they should know best.

I appreciate your posts - thankyou very much - but you're wrong - sorry. Wrong. Wrong. Earl's brother is Randy, Randall, Randy: not Seph.

I'm actually tempted to email the OP to tell him to change his post because if it leads to the misunderstanding between forumites we have here about Randy and some fat bloke in Rapha call Seph who wants to be Randy, then what could it do to the average pleb in the Commuting section?

This Seph dude has even said that he has a wife and kids - Randall/Randy, ok, has a wife but she isn't called Brandy Lewis and definitly has no kids.

THE FACTS:
    Randy's wife is called Catalina, not Brandy Lewis. I know this for a fact.
    Randy's brother is called Earl. I know this for a fact.
    Seph Perineum is not Earl's brother, Randy. He doesn't even look like him.

The deciding factor is that Randy has never, ever, ever worn a hat or a bicycle - every picture of this Seph dude I have bothered to look at (ie 2) he has been wearing a Rapha cycling hat and a bicyle

For pity's sake - he hasn't even got Randy or Randall written on his bike anywhere. He's a fake. A Walt if you want.

I'm not doubting your sources, but they are wrong and unfortunately they have misled you completely and in public. Down the garden path, so to speak. Sorry. They are liars.
  • rc856
    Ok, troll feeding time has finished.

I'm out :D