What bike

villain1973uk
villain1973uk Posts: 3
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

New to the forum, I'm looking at getting a new mountain bike, I've had a mongoose tyax elite for about 6 years now and I only used it to cycle to work (6 mile round trip) down a muddy canal, but I think it's time to get a new one as its on it's way out and a little heavy, I know very very little about mountain bikes so that's why I came on here hoping to get some sound advice, I'm after a a new one for the journey to work and also maybe to commute and have weekend rides, I have between £400-£500 to spend, any help would very appreciated.

Cheers Lee

Comments

• carrera vulcan in halfords reduced from £480 to £360 a bargin comes with clarks hydros and recently won a best of test in mb uk best of all you can buy other stuff like lights, lock, and what ever else you want with what you save
  • I'll have a look at 1 cheers mate
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you can stetch to £500 the Rockrider 8.1 is a very convincing bike for the money (better than many costing half as much again) but if you opt the Vulcn it's far from a bad choice and you have over £100 left over!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.