Maz DJ3 Convert?

1mancity2
1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
edited March 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Have some 2009 DJ3 they have very basic setup coil and no air, and preset rebound,

Is it possible to convert them to a better spec, i.e DJ1?
Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Not hugely familiar with the new DJ series. But what do you mean by "no air"? The DJ series all used to have air preload - a schraeder valve on top of each legs where you added air. You could just get the new top caps and hey presto - theres your air preload.

The rebound is not externally adjustable, but you can normally adjust it internally using a long hex key.
  • 1mancity2
    Right leg has a allen key to set on the left leg just a cap with nothing below it, have a set of old dj3 which are like what you describe.
  • styxd
    I'm stumped - use your old forks????

Or take parts from your old forks (such as the top caps) and add them to your new forks?

Or add heavier/lighter weight oil to speed up/slow down the rebound. Adding air always speeds it up remember
  • 1mancity2
    styxd wrote:
    I'm stumped - use your old forks????

Or take parts from your old forks (such as the top caps) and add them to your new forks?

Or add heavier/lighter weight oil to speed up/slow down the rebound. Adding air always speeds it up remember

Yeah thats what I was hoping to do just didn't know what would and wouldn't work.
  • styxd
    I'd imagine the top caps will fit, as will the internals. They're all pretty simple the DJ series of forks so it should all be fine and dandy