Wire bead tires - should they have been bent?

stealthmackem
stealthmackem Posts: 9
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Got my new tyres, Schwalbe Marathon wire-beads, delivered by Chain Reaction this morning (should have been on Friday, grr) and they were kind of stuffed into a box not quite big enough to hold them. They had been bent over, sort of in half, and I'm worried that this might have compromised them in some way, particularly as they spent the weekend in this state in ParcelForce's depot. I've left them laying flat at home while I'm at work today, I'm sure they will be normal shape when I get back, but I'm just a bit paranoid. Should I be?
If you can't fix it with gaffer tape, you have not used enough

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    No, don't worry. They'll just return to a round shape when you put them on the tyre and pump them up.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Have bought wire bead tyres in the past that have been twisted into an 8 and then folded in half. The bead did actually break on one of them (a bmx tyre) while it was being inflated to 90 psi.

You should've heard it go off!

'kin hell :shock:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    20" dont like too much bending. but 24 and up are fine with some shape adjustnment. but no sharp angles.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown