EyesintheSky's Cube! Now with more, urmmm, stuff...

EyesintheSky
EyesintheSky Posts: 183
edited May 2012 in Your mountain bikes
This is my Cube Attention, in white and blue, obviously!

Pretty much upgraded all important parts from stock, some because I needed to, others because, well, I wanted to :oops:

Anyhoooo, very pleased with the result, and it rides like a dream!

Will be receiving some compensation from court (Was stolen, had it back within 24 hours thanks to Police's efforts and thief's stupidity!) so plan on buying some new brake pads so I can start stopping again, and some silver headset spacers, just to make it look a bit more uniform up front!

photo2my.jpg
photo1hk.jpg
photo4rg.jpg

Got hold of the DT Swiss fork for £300 from £700 in CRC's sales, bargain!

What do you think?

It's not always this clean, in fact, its hardly ever this clean. Hopefully the summer will change that! :D
The Cubes always seem nicer in the flesh than they show up in the photos, but i'm pleased with how these turned out.
Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    What do you think?
    i think they may be a problem with your pics mate, have tried on 2 different computers and there not loading
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Hmmm that's not good, they seem to work on my phone and computer, anybody else having this problem? :S
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Working for me.

Nice bike too, the tart in me says that the red on the DT's doesn't match, but hey, they're superb forks, even better at that price!! :)
  • Ahh good to hear, thanks!

I was thinking the same, maybe I could ask DT nicely for a blue cap :)
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Whats the travel on those forks, they seem too big for the bike?
  • chez_m356
    Hmmm that's not good, they seem to work on my phone and computer, anybody else having this problem? :S
    Thanks for the heads up!
    ha ha can see them now, don't know what happened earlier, very nice, though i do agree with "stav" about the forks, custom decals perhaps ? :wink:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    chain is looking a bit worse for wear ;)
  • 130mm travel, more than it was designed for but it's coped fine, still feels normal to ride though, extra travel I'd even say has improved its geometry.

Thanks! I don't really want blank forks so I just sent a cheeky email to DT Swiss regarding blue decals, you don't ask you don't get! 8)

Ahh the chain, Time for a new one I think! I regularly oil it but I think it's just worn out now, my fault for not washing as often as oiling I think! :oops:
  • chez_m356
    theres a couple of people on here that have had custom decals made for RS forks, dont know if they can do them for DT or not, i think this is them http://www.slikgraphics.com/ , worth a try
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    chez_m356 wrote:
    theres a couple of people on here that have had custom decals made for RS forks, dont know if they can do them for DT or not, i think this is them http://www.slikgraphics.com/ , worth a try

Just on this note, new decals for my Fox 36's arrived from Slik yesterday, fitted them last night. Really tough vinyl, highly recommend them. Delivery took a while (ordered on 23rd feb, arrived yesterday), but worth the wait.

I'd upload a pic, but work won't allow this.. :(
  • Well my email was replied to with a contact 'Hotlines' or 'Pace Cycles' they may be able to help...

So I did! But I doubt that will get me anywhere. Will check out the Slik Graphics now, thanks for the heads up :lol:
  • EyesintheSky
    EyesintheSky Posts: 183
    Have now bought some new shiny bitz!

Deore 2012 Brakes, Haven 711 bar (huge difference!) and the all important Neoguard. Plus the rider is starting to get better now as well which always helps :oops:

Went up to my local woods in the ridiculous mud and rain, I felt like Danny Hart even though he probably could of gone down the run 3 times before I got to the bottom! But still a good laugh.

photodxz.jpg

photo1ene.jpg